Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. raindance

raindance Active Member

Hi TinyDancer -
    I think with some pets you will see clear signs, other times it can be more vague. Talk to your vet, he or she can talk to you about things to look for and help you feel more comfortable with the decision. And then trust your instincts, you obviously care a lot about her and have her best interests at heart.

Hug,
    raindance
  2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

+1: Hugs, TD...
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the sad thing abut pets and infants is that they can't speak...sometimes we just need to understand that they aren't going to get well..and that pain can be silent...but, like others have said, I trust you will make the best choice that you can
  4. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Diamond has passed. We put her to sleep about an hr and a half ago. She made it clear she was ready. Life already feels strange and I already miss holding her and the feel of her fur and her smell. I came home and I just don't know what to do with myself other than cry.... Coming on df and writing about it seemed like the only outlet... I just don't know what to do next... I don't remember life without her, she's been with me for 18 out of my 24 years on earth. How does life go on normally? What do I do with myself that's not disrespectful? She was such a good kitty and I was so blessed to have her in my life.
  5. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

*hugs*

I don't know what to tell you, or how to deal with it. I know DH and I took a day and wallowed. Got drunk, cried, and wallowed. Best advice I can give you is to let what you feel, happen. After a while there is only so much wallowing you can do, and you'll want to do something else, and that's OK too.

You can't disrespect her at this point; you loved her and took care of her and gave her the best death you could give her. Now, she's in a better place and feels nothing. This too shall pass. I promise.
  7. raindance

raindance Active Member

I agree with this so much... you did everything you could for her. I am so sorry for your loss. It is OK to grieve in whatever way you need to. And it is OK to do normal things too if you feel up to it. I have lost a number of special pets over the years, and I know it is hard. Personally I tend to spend time looking at old photos, writing down some favorite memories, just remembering them... also talking with other people who understand how special they were to me. You will find your own way to grieve.

Big hugs,
    raindance
  8. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

9. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Big hugs to ANYONE here that has lost a pet recently. One of the cats at my house, "Maynard" just died at age 11 after some recent ill health. Sure will miss the 'ol bear. (he looked like a grey bear). :(
  10. fascination

sorry to hear it phil
  11. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

So sorry Phil and TD. Hugs...
  12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

TinyDancer and Phil Owl--sorry for your losses... *hugs*
  13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh! I'm so sorry. :-(
  14. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

I'm sorry for your loss, TD and Phil.

My dad's final appointment before they schedule the transplant is tomorrow, so if you could spare some prayers/good thoughts/positive energy our way, that'd be great.
  15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

TD and Phil, thoughts definitely go out to both of you.

I've said it many times, but the ONLY time I've seen three men in a room unashamedly crying together was when we put our bichon Frosty to sleep. And only two of us were owners there (my dad and I), third guy was our regular vet, and he even was crying.

Pets are often more human than a lot of the people we meet on the street, or see on the news.
  16. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I'm SO sorry for your losses, TD and Phil.

I just went through the loss of my beloved cat David this past August, to throat cancer. I miss him.

I also remember back to the death of my first cat. Like you, TD, I got that cat in childhood, at 5. Lolly saw me all the way from kindergarten until I was 23. She wore a bow on my wedding day. It is very hard to lose a pet who has been such a central part of your life.

I hope your treasured memories of happy times with your pet give you solace in these difficult days.
  17. fascination

TD...particularly given all of the other challenges in your life, I know that this is especially hard...my hopes that time will be kind to you and you don't second guess yourself...and you perhaps do some thing to memorialize her...put her picture in a frame, burn a candle from time to time and think of her...donate some money to a pet refuge in her name...big hug
  18. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Thanks everyone for your comments and thoughts! :) We'll always remember Maynard fondly.
  19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Of course, katherine. My thoughts, prayers and positive energy are headed your way. *hugs*
  20. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

He fell. Again. We're in the waiting room, god willing he only needs stitches.