Live Green Smoothies

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Nov 29, 2006.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yah, i know, some people aren't into coconut. young coconut is so delicate, tho... buttery soft, like custard, and very fragrant.

and did you know that coconut water is apparently identical to human blood plasma? it was used during WWII for emergency blood transfusions, siphoned directly from the nut.

when one also learns that the chlorophyll molecule greatly resembles the structure of hemoglobin, i don't think it's a stretch to comprehend why one feels like one's had a transfusion of life after having a live green smoothie made with young coconut & fresh greens.

having that experience makes coconut all the more delicious to my taste buds. :)

2. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

It's a vegan vampire!

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

LOL

exactly!

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

cuz then the stuff you like the taste of can hide the stuff you don't;)

5. fascination

:cool: the taste of caymus or farniente for instance

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

mmmmm.... :cool:

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i will say one thing...blended raw spinach & cooked fresh spinach aren't remotely related, tastewise

<my mind is still on the caymus cab... am actually salivating! LOLOL>

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

this past summer i made some fabulous watermelon/mint/rum smoothies -- the mint, of course, makes them sufficiently "green"... and they are certainly quite lively!

LOL

9. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

I remember making celery smoothies in college. Whenever I offered smoothies to my roommates, I had to promise that I hadn't spiked them with corn or peas. :twisted:
    When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I had chicken & spinach (together) smoothies. :cheers:

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

have never put celery in my smoothies -- dunno if my blender could handle all that strong fibrous string, and the taste doesn't appeal to me. i also don't put corn or peas, although i make some delicious warmed raw soups with fresh corn...

i use radish all the time in my smoothies, tho -- they are incredibly healthful & beautifying.

chicken... will remain on the sidelines. :)

11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I've decided that this thread is like a car wreck. I can't help but look.

I know that when I do I'll read something that will make me queasy, and that the simple solution is not to read this thread, but I just...can't...resist...!!!

12. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Hmmm ... why put it in if you can't taste it?

Well ... ok maybe for the nutrients? But then again, find the nutrients elsewhere. :cool:

13. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

To name only a couple. ;) :D

14. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Hmmm ... might might give this a try.

15. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Indeed! Car wrecks turn one's neck. This thread turns one's stomach. ;)

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

peaches, you are a doll and you always make me smile :)

rubberneck to your heart's content...

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

the greens make these smoothies taste so fresh...

i wonder why we never consider "freshness" a taste in itself. i guess we're not used to tasting it.

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

stomach-turning, huh?

more like...pure vitality. essence of fruit. liquid sunshine...

car wreck indeed <ck!>:rolleyes:

19. fascination

okay ready for this???? I like them I like them sam I am !!!!!!!!!!!...pun intended

pinapple mango and spinach (okay, and a tiny bit of maraschino cherry)...yummmmmmmmmmmmmm delish...my new fruit and veggie plan...watch the next 20 leave...woot

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

<doing happy dance...> :D :D

woo-hoo! so glad to hear it... i knew you'd like'em!

fascination, if you can manage two blenderfuls a day, you are gonna be so hot & svelte & fabulous by heritage... watch out! :)