long nails

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by kdogg, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Gussie

Gussie New Member

I've perfected the cringe (ok, truth be known it's a move I do without thinking, heartless eh, doesn't work every time but an excellent deterrant.

And in answer to the question about men with a long nail..

it simply means he's a dope doing, nose picking goodfornothing lazy layabout (who just by accident might be able to dance)?

I've perfected the cringe (ok, truth be known it's a move I do without thinking, heartless eh, doesn't work every time but an excellent deterrant.

2. NZ Girl

NZ Girl New Member

Trick is to keep them short but have them french manicured so they look long

3. DancerGirl

DancerGirl New Member

I just got partnered up for a performance class, and my partner has long (and some of them uneven) nails that scratch me sometimes. He is also very rough when dancing, and I've addressed that to him at the end of class (lets see if he changes next week), but should I just bring some scissors to a practice session (if we have one) and make him cut them? How should I approach this? I'm very close to asking my teacher to pair me up with someone else as he has gotten me very POed by the end of class, and before I was partnered up with him, I enjoyed the class a lot. Any suggestions?

4. alemana

alemana New Member

ask the coach to address it with the guy.

5. DancerGirl

DancerGirl New Member

I think that might be a bit embarrasing for the guy. His nails aren't extremely long or anything, but he just doesn't keep them neatly trimmed and it's just bothersome for me if he scratches me, but it's probably not enough to complain about to the teacher, i'd rather handle it myself, but thanks for your suggestion.

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Sometimes people have the habit of biting their nails(gross!), and if he's a nail-biter, you could say that you're afraid it'll catch on your clothing(a jagged nail does a lovely job of snagging silk or synthetics!), and offfer to lend him you nailfile which you just happen to have with you today.

7. DancerGirl

DancerGirl New Member

Good idea, but I already solved the problem, I asked my teacher today to pair me up with someone else and he agreed. Of course his next partner may have a problem with him..but at least it won't be my problem. I feel relieved :)