Lunch Time Club!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Lunch today: 2 chicken salad croissants, fruit cup, carmel cheesecake and raspberry iced tea

Yummy! :D

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Lunch? Ay 9:13 a.m.???

:wink:

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I jusy had breakfast half an hour ago. I'm gonna wait for a little while longer, too, I think...

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Heck with the diet. Philly cheese steak hoagie today. Maybe I'll add fries and some butterscotch krimpets, for good measure. And a diet coke, of course. Woohoo! :lol: :lol:

5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Can you send that order my way, subtituting a regular coke? :D

6. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

If I ate that much at lunch I would fall asleep at my desk around 2:00! :oops: :oops:

7. pygmalion

lol. You have to pace yourself. :wink: :lol:

8. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

I love butterscotch krimpets! :D

9. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Lunch today was the classic Italian Weding Soup, along with a plain bagel toasted with butter. Very yummy! :D

10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Hummmm...only 7:43 a.m...and I'm already thinking about lunch...maybe I should have had more than a Slimfast bar and a glass of orange juice for breakfast.

11. pygmalion

Never have understood how people can survive on that Slimfast regimen (notice I refuse to call it a diet.)

12. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

It's not a diet. It's just quick and convenient in the morning. :oops:

13. pygmalion

I read on the online news (netscape, maybe?) yesterday that the Slimfast diet plan and Weight Watchers were top rated (in some study or the other) for helping people lose weight and keep the weight off.

Atkins was well-rated for helping people lose weight, but lost points because of poor retention rates and overall unhealthiness of what people really eat as they lose.

And yeah. Slimfast does seem like a convenient breakfast you could grab on the way out the door, if necessary. 8) :D

Come to think of it, I used to drink boost or ensure for breakfast, years ago. I usually added some toast or fruit, though. Just liquid for breakfast leaves me hungry, even if I've had enough calories. *shrug*

14. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

I was on Atkins last year. Lost quite a bit. Fell off when we went to Cancun, then Orlando, then just sucked at controlling diet. I must say, though, as far as health was concerned, my blood workup (cholesterol-both good and bad, triglicerides, blood sugar, liver function, etc, it was better then than anytime in the past several years!

15. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

There was just a study done and Slimfast diet/regimen came in first for weight loss and second for sticking to it (behind Weight Watchers), I think it was done by Consumer Reports.

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Yup. I heard about that. To me this stuff about diets really is nonsensical. Eat, work, and play hard and you'll live well. Speaking of diets I just went to McDonalds after years!!

17. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

You are correct

18. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Well, now that we have that settled, I think I will go out and do some shopping at lunch and then come back and eat (not Slimfast, please!)

19. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

Sorry, I didn't mean anything by that. I just wanted to confirm your thougths on who did the study. :oops:

20. pygmalion

Overall, I think I'd choose Weight Watchers. Here's an article from the Detroit News, May 11.

http://w w w.detnews.com/2005/fitness/0505/22/0hlth-177685.htm

Weight Watchers came in best for nutrition and pretty good for retention rates. Slimfast retention rates were the poorest rating -- 1/5. And Atkins were poorest for nutrition -- 1/5. :(