MAC 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by 5678dance, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Time to register for the MAC. Please do it now so that I don't have a heart attack :nurse: you know you're going, what are you waiting for? Its a great comp, a fantastic location and close to buses, trains and subways. Also the hotel is right around the corner.

2. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Holy moly, already 13 pre-champ smooth couples...wonder if it'll end up starting at a quarter?! Unheard of.

Dancing Irishman and dlliba10 like this.
  3. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Cool isn't it.:dancingbanana: It could easily start as a quarter, people just need to register and not wait until the last minute. The suspense is killing me.

jerseydancer likes this.
  4. stash

stash Well-Known Member

So I was poking around the website and I noticed the vendor's link doesn't seem to work or redirects back to the home page. Any vendors confirmed for this year?

5. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Well for one thing I sent my vending check in yesterday. I am curious who else will be there!

Miss Silly, Standarddancer and stash like this.
  6. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Wish I could be there. MAC is definitely on my dance bucket list. Maybe next year :)

stash likes this.
  7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Will check the link tomorrow once my computer had internet access again. Thanks for letting us know.

8. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

All of the barfing. omg. But yes let's get it to a quarter!!

NonieS and 5678dance like this.
  9. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

:( Now I'm really sad I won't be dancing smooth at MAC.

10. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

We're going :) We're a bit of a hot mess right now, since we've changed coaches for both Latin and Standard so everything is getting a major overhaul. We have no expectations other than to accumulate experience LOL

11. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Experience is always good, and you never know, with no expectations you can only be pleasantly surprised. See you in Jan.

12. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

All paid. Very excited as we already have semi in S2 and S3 Standard Champ. There is a possibility both turning into 1/4 as well, as I cannot see some names on the list that said they are going. I guess people like to wait till last day, or cut off date for credit card:)

13. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

8 in Novice Smooth, 15 in Prechamp Smooth. So close to a compulsory semi and quarter respectively. Wheeeee!!!

5678dance and stash like this.
  14. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Actually...we're now at 10 in Novice Smooth (Semi), 17 in PreChamp Smooth (Quarter) and 12 in Champ Smooth (Semi)! :)

NonieS, Sania, stash and 3 others like this.
  15. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I have this vision of Mandicraft stalking people in cafes: "Hey, you! You can't fool me. You move like an open level smooth dancer! That little extra flourish with your arm when you reached in for your latte gave you away. I have a mobile app here on my phone to get you signed up for the MAC. Doooooo ittttt!"

It probably doesn't really go down like that. But I'd like to think it does.

Meagan, Sania, smidra86 and 2 others like this.
  16. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Not usually cafes...but maybe dance studios! ;)

Meagan, smidra86, stash and 1 other person like this.
  17. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

MAC update: Please remember to register before registraion closes in order not to incur the late fee. (Look at who is already signed up, should be a very exciting MAC.) Also, remember to renew your membership now, everyone's membership is expiring on Dec. 31, 2013 (if its not, you probably have the wrong type of membership :)). You can renew now for 2014, if you renew at the MAC it will cost you additional money for our administrative fee. Finally, if you want VIP tickets for Friday and Saturday night now is the time to order and pay for them. See you all in Jan and have a great holiday season.

18. apeacock

apeacock Member

I just want to make sure - entry tickets are included for the sessions we are registered to dance, right? We don't need to buy a separate entry ticket to get into the ballroom for those sessions we are registered to dance?

19. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

You are correct you don't need to buy tickets for the sessions in which you are dancing. However, if you want to cheer on your friends in other sessions, you will need to buy tickets for those sessions. See you soon

20. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Unless you want to volunteer and then 4 little hours earns you the right to cheer on your friends for free! :)

smidra86 and dlliba10 like this.