MAC 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by 5678dance, Aug 30, 2013.

1. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Really cool avatar apeacock! :)
    apeacock likes this.
  2. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Make sure to send an email to mac_volunteer@nyusadance.org if you would like to do so! :D :D :D
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

bought my plane ticket, turned in my contract... see ya'll there!
  4. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Dont think this has been asked yet for this year, but what are the rules regarding costumes of MOS?
  5. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Whatever you'd like to wear as ling as it covers the appropriate areas :) Open level style costumes are fine.
  6. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

Remember registration is only guaranteed open until the stroke of New Year's. (But usually lasts until the registrar get's home from his night out)

Get those entries in before celebrating!
    Dancing Irishman likes this.
  7. famfam

famfam Member

Does anyone know if the Master of Syllabus events are costume restricted or not? Thank you.
  8. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

You should try reading about 2-3 posts above you
    mindputtee and dlliba10 like this.
  9. famfam

famfam Member

ok got it, thank you.
  10. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Last chance to register for the MAC, you have 7 more hours to get those registrations and payments in. Tonight is not the night to say "I'll do it when I get from....." you know you won't plus it will probably be after midnight and poof, registration is closed and you'll have to pay more. So if you have already registered, go pay, and if you haven't registered yet, go register and pay. See you in a couple of weeks and have a very happy and safe new years.
  11. Dancebug

Dancebug Active Member

What is the definition of "preliminary round"? I thought it is up to the first round. I don't know why MAC included quarter finals in the preliminary rounds. I never thought our heats would have the first rounds, so I wasn't concerned about this new scheduling stuff. Now I am not sure if we will be able to compete at all. I wish MAC clarified what they meant by "preliminary rounds" a lot sooner. It is too late for some of us to ask for another day of vacation and pay for extra day of hotel stay.
  12. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Dancebug, what event are you dancing?
  13. Dancebug

Dancebug Active Member

Senior I and II.
  14. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

I'm sorry for your misunderstanding, but our schedule on the website clearly states "All preliminary rounds (including Quarter Finals) of the evening events" will be held during the matinee session. And under the evening events, we again state that the "quarter finals and earlier rounds will be held in the matinee" session.
  15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Please tell us prelims for evening events don't get scheduled for the morning!
  16. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

As per the website, preliminary rounds - first and quater - will. Be during the matinee session, however they won't be first thing in the morning but later in the afternoon
  17. Dancebug

Dancebug Active Member

Hopefully as late as possible. Then maybe we will make it.
  18. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

MAC is only 2 weeks away, make sure that in addition to your supplies, costumes, shoes etc you have renewed your USA Dance memberships prior to arriving. It will cost you more to do it on site, and speaking of money, make sure that you pay all of your registrations fees prior to midnight Jan. 13 this is when on-line payment system will close. After that we will be charging everyone, regardless of when you registered, a late fee of $20/competitor.
  19. Akita

Akita Active Member

Hopefully all of you going to the MAC have back-up travel arrangements via dog-sled. :)
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  20. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

It will all be melted away and the skys will be clear and the sun will shine and the temp will be a lovely 40.