MAC 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by 5678dance, Aug 30, 2013.

1. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Sidewalks are already relatively clear! It's just the gutters and curbs that are still gross. :D
  2. UMASSshoesandcostumes

UMASSshoesandcostumes Active Member

I'm going to be there with my new partner, dancing all 4 styles Silver level. I'm pretty excited! :) First comp together is always an exciting challenge for a new partnership.
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

When can we expect a detailed schedule, so we can make proper travel plans? Registration is closed, so there shouldn't be any new entries to screw up the schedule.
  4. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Don't i wish that no more entries were arriving. The scheduled should be posted by mid to late week. However there is to be no whining, crying, complaining, gnashing of teeth or any other display of emotional dismay. There is enough of that happening by the people working on the schedule and we don't need any help in that department:eek:
    stash likes this.
  5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Y'all are such softies. :p
  6. dlliba10

MAC is still looking for volunteers to help out, especially during the following times:

Friday 10pm-End
    Saturday 8pm-End
    Sunday 8am-12pm
    Sunday 12pm-4pm
    Sunday 4pm-8pm
    Sunday 8pm-End

Remember, any four-hour shift will get you a free spectator ticket to the session of your choice for you or a friend or family member to use! Please shoot an email to mac_volunteer@nyusadance.org if you're able to help out, especially at any of those times!
  7. elle

elle Member

MAC approaching and it is so exciting! Does anyone know if any vendors will be selling dresses on consignment?
  8. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

There should be at least one vendor selling on consignment, at least I think she does :confused:
    elle likes this.
  9. twirl2010

twirl2010 Member

there will be pure streams trickling down for afar, birds singing to crown the beautiful music of penn station's traffic jams.. poems will be written about glorious day

ps don't worry dapnha, we are all coming even if it's a tad colder than 40.. :)))))
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  10. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Just looked at a long-term forecast and--as of today, January 11th--the MAC weekend has a 0% chance of precipitation Fri, Sat, or Sun, with temps of 40/29 sunny, 31/24 partly cloudy, 28/22 partly cloudy. So weather.com feels that Daphna was on the money with that 40 degree and clear skies prediction!
  11. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Maybe I should change my job to weather forecaster.
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Looks like there's plenty of time to catch dinner and a show (maybe two) between quarterfinals and semifinals...
  13. dlliba10

14. love_to_dance

love_to_dance New Member

Hello! Question about the schedule: MAC schedule page says under Friday Night section "*** Quarter Finals and earlier will be danced in the Matinee ***" However, detailed schedule has Quarter finals for Adult Pre-Champ and Champ in the Night session. Is the detail schedule the correct one? Thanks!
  15. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

Yes, the detailed schedule is more correct.

The initial page has not changed since it was originally uploaded. O2CM EntryList is the authoritative location for when your first heat is...
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Urgh. 5:50 pm to 2:46 pm is a major change for MOS Standard. :(
  17. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

Too bad, I'll just be arriving around 2:00... Gonna have to drop MoS Standard, oh well.
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I guess the schedule wasn't quite as set as they'd thought it was...
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Oh, and so I thought all events with finals in the evening were being run through quarterfinals in the matinee session. :confused:
  20. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Is there a particular reason that the various rounds of evening session events are so spread out?