MAC 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by 5678dance, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Costume changes, people doing multiple levels, multiple ages, multiple styles and not wanting them to have to dance back to back to back and that means that there are some large gaps. Is there anything that has more than an hour between the different rounds?
  2. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

That was the orginial plan, but didn't have enough time in the afternoon for all of the quarters (didn't expect as many as we had) and also needed some of the quarters to give breaks for other events.
  3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Well, champ standard for instance has 6 hours between the first round and quarter. Masters of syllabus standard has 1:10 between first round and quarter and then 3:20 between the quarter and semi.
  4. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Thats because the events are in different sessions. If a round is in the same session, the rule of thumb is not more than 1-1.5 hours. Different sessions, all bets are off and people can change into street clothes and go to dinner.
  5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

...go to dinner, catch a show, take a trip around the world, that kind of thing?
    ajiboyet likes this.
  6. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

If you are actually dropping MoS Standard, could you send us an email to registrar@nyusadance.org so that we can properly drop you from the event and know not to look for you when lining up competitors? Thanks!! :)
  7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

A trip around the world may be a bit difficult, but an "on-off" tour bus is certainly doable.
    jerseydancer and twirl2010 like this.
  8. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I have a question, on Friday during lunch time around 12:30 or 1ish, I will bring 2 dressss to give to dress vendor Kat, I'm not gonna to have time to stay watch day session at all, just drop dresses and must leave; do I need to purchase daytime session ticket to get in?
  9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Someone will probably wind up doing this anyways, but if someone wants to take video of the adult bronze standard and latin finals and post it to youtube, I will totally buy you a drink at Nationals. If they do the same for silver, I will totally buy them a second drink.

I'm just sayin'.

:)
    ajiboyet likes this.
  10. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

If I'm not otherwise tied up with volunteer duties, I'll do my best!
    JudeMorrigan likes this.
  11. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

I know I won't be able to video anything much less see most of the comp, but I will totally need a drink at Nationals;)
  12. CarolinaSmooth

CarolinaSmooth New Member

I'll buy for whoever videos adult syllabus smooth and rhythm.
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I think you might owe me a margarita at nationals already? I seem to remember something about that from earlier. ;) I'll do my best to get bronze and silver standard, but I'm not going to be there early enough Friday for latin.
    JudeMorrigan likes this.
  14. JudeMorrigan

True story: that margarita was the first thing I thought of when I saw that you had replied to the thread. Sadly, since it looks like I'll be flying rather than driving, I'm afraid I may have to *buy* you one rather than *make* you one, but the offer still certainly stands, quite aside from any rounds you may get the chance to video. :)

That said, I do really appreciate you and dlliba's offers to see what you can do. And no worries, of course, if things dont work out schedule-wise.
  15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So...someone unchecked the "Show Times" box in O2CM...is the list on the nyusadance website considered canon now?
  16. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Regrettably, I am not at MAC (second year in a row I'm missing it after having gone for 8 or 9 consecutive years...makes me sad). I would love to hear any first hand reports. I'm following the results on 02CM, but would love to hear the nitty-gritty.

Who is catching your eye?
    Who has taken up a notch (or more!) since the last time you saw them perform?
    I see some new partnerships. What are your thoughts?
    Any great musical choices? Great costumes?
    Anyone have photos they want to share?

Looking forward to nationals!
    Sania likes this.
  17. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Jason Dai was at MAC. 4th place in Adult Amateur. I'm so happy, I always loved watching him.
    ChaChaMama likes this.
  18. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

You sooooooooooo lied about no Smooth-ing this year. I think that you did pretty well in your Smoooth-ing this year.
    JudeMorrigan, ajiboyet and dlliba10 like this.
  19. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

I'll say ... :)

Whatta MAC, whatta MAC, whatta MAC, whatta mighty good MAC it was. I'll post with my thoughts once I've recovered from my 48 hours of non-stop competing, sleeplessness, and volunteering. Sending good thoughts and vibes to everyone helping out with junior MAC tomorrow.
    j_alexandra, ajiboyet and ChaChaMama like this.
  20. JudeMorrigan

Woot, conga rats, dlliba!
    ajiboyet and dlliba10 like this.