mac vs. chanel blush brush

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by lemonade, Aug 10, 2008.

1. lemonade

lemonade New Member

Does anyone have a recommendation for a great blush brush that will not shed its bristles. I am looking at these two brands mainly because I trust their makeup.
  2. Laura

Laura New Member

I have many MAC brushes and love them. Brushes will start to shed over time -- my MAC blush brush is at least five years old and it's just now starting to shed. But it's been a lot better than the no-name brand brushes I've had -- some of them start shedding pretty much right away.
  3. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

so this is not a mac vs. pc thread??? :confused:
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Quix, you come out of lurking at the oddest moments, lol... :)
  5. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I have the sephora Blush brush, works very well. I generally prefer MAC Blush over Chanel. MAC blush is good quality and usually doesn't fall off after using for a while.
  6. Standarddancer

The blush brush I'm using is similar to this MAC brush: MAC 169 Angled brush. Works quite well.

M7Y601_128.jpg
  7. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I love all Mac products, including the brushes.
  8. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

I am a big MAC fan, but don't have their brushes. Do have a Chanel blush brush...8 years old...still going with all bristles intact!
  9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Me, too.
  10. 2totango

2totango New Member

I have had both; the Chanel did not last as long as the MAC. I have a friend who used to be in the make-up industry (Nars) and she recommends the MAC brushes. I do also have brushes from Bare Escentials, and I like those, too.
  11. lemonade

lemonade New Member

Thanks so much everyone! Is there an advantage to that angled brush? I had never considered the shape, just who made it.
  12. pinkstuff

pinkstuff Member

I have a chanel brush and it is excellent, had it for years, only problem has been loosing it!!:rolleyes: Mine is round, not sure of benefit though!! May be more natural application???
  13. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i have clarins brushes.

and i adore them

clarins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/cosmetics-products_make-up_brushes_-1_10051_10204__10402_10383
  14. amiko

amiko New Member

OMG...you gals have given me so much insight on MAC vs Chanel brushes. I am just nuts, crazy, ga-ga about brushes. I have MAC, Bobbi Brown, art stores brushes, Sephora, etc.

I have a MAC powder brush (8 yrs now) and sadly it is starting to shed. I like MAC for heavy make up, Bobbi Brown or CVS for natural, but...

For a natural look brush, I like the "Essence of Beauty" angled powder for blush or powder (imitation Bobbi Brown, natural wood colored). They are pretty good for $8-$10 a pop. The brushes at other drugstores such Walgreens, Longs, Rite Aid are not as good.

I look for made in France, Germany or Japan. If it's made in China, the quality can still be ok but don't pay over $10. Ok, I could talk about brushes forever, but I won't. :rolleyes:
  15. amiko

amiko New Member

It's all preference, but I would apply blush with an angled brush to get color darker, and going up at a 45 degree angle at cheek bone. Then I would dust off excess with a looser flat/round brush MAC #187 Duo Fibre Brush http: //www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15084&PRODUCT_ID=PROD6578 (also applies bronzer highlight) or Bobbi Brown Face Blender Brush (I have this one and love it) http: //www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY2568&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1339

CVS angle brush - looks just like bobbi brown right?
    http: //www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=242654&productId=242654&navAction=jump&navCount=3

[moderated by latingal: inactivated commercial links]
  16. amiko

amiko New Member

Clarins brushes are shaped really nice. Especially the mineral powder fluffy brush. I like how they don't have too many, just the basics because with MAC you can get confused with such a selection.

This has turned into a makeup forum. lol. The girls have taken the lead in dancing. :tongue:
  17. Standarddancer

I like the angled brush, it can put on blushes darker and brings out contour of the face better.

Thanks for remind me the "Essence of Beauty" selections, I think I've seen it at Duane Reade, natural wood color handle; maybe now DR just started to carry it, I will check them out. I love brushes too!!!
  18. Standarddancer

I have this one except the handle is silver color not black, from Sephora, love it.

sephora Slant brush.jpg
  19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I need some estrogen...am I the only person squeamish about the fact that we have a thread about blush brushes? ;)
  20. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Just a quick note on commercial links...the quick test we use for commercial links is if there is a "buy" button (on the page linked to) for the product being discussed. I have inactivated the links that qualify here. I have left the urls with a space after the colon so members may copy it to the browser line, delete the space and view the product.

Thanks...