mac vs. chanel blush brush

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by lemonade, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Yes.

I'm going to go get me one of those angled ones, it looks cool :)
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

lol...fair enough...
  3. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

You know, I can usually channel the mind of a 12 year old boy pretty easily, but I'm not catching what one would be squeamish about in reference to blush brushes.:confused:
    Oh well, I'm sure it will occur to me at some random point in time.:)
  4. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm thinking that fasc isn't quite as girly about makeup 'n' stuff as some of us here, and that's what is making her squirm. Everyone has their limits with girly stuff talk, and the major contributors on this thread have a VERY high limit :)
  5. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

Try also Sonia Kashuk at Target. Alot of good reviews on these brushes too AND not to exspensive.

I persoanlly use ... MAC, Jane Iredale, Essence of Beauty brushes.

A great place for reviews on anything makeup wise is www.makeupalley.com, www.specktra.net, live journal has a few makeup related sites too. Alot of "us" are devoted MAC fans. (myself included .... both of the makeup AND the computer ... LOL) These places are also a GREAT resource for doing some serious eye makeup that could be great for competitions!

I also tend to use alot of brushes from the art supplier.
  6. 2totango

2totango New Member

I have not had good luck with the Sonia Kashuk brushes, however. They haven't held up very well for me. Or maybe I am just very hard on my brushes!
  7. fascination

correct...I was my dad's only son for 10 years...and my mom grew up with only two of her closest siblings...both brothers...so um...I missed out on alot of this stuff and have never really had access, opportunity, or inclination to focus too much on it...now I view doing my make up as an art...but I don't ruminate overly much about the stuff...just the end product......meh...I am weird that way...also not into shoes or chocolate...I feel sort of defective
  8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

You're ok. :friend:
  9. fascination

well thanks...I think I am still going to have to go to macy's and investigate the swanky stuff so that I don't have to turn in my "female" card
  10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I use a product from Sephora to clean my makeup brushes, and it seems to do a good job. Otherwise, I might be tempted to use Johnson's Baby Shampoo to clean them.

What does everyone else use to clean their makeup brushes?
  11. Laura

Laura New Member

Fasc, if we're ever in the same place at the same time with free time and access to transportation, I'll take you girly shopping. It will be fun!
  12. fascination

deal...(and I always have a car if you recall)
  13. Laura

Laura New Member

Not sure when I'll be East again, probably not until next year, but I'll keep it in mind!
  14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

baby shampoo.
  15. Laura

Laura New Member

I use whatever bits of facial cleanser I have laying around from when I experiment and change brands. Remember I mentioned elsewhere I had all these half bottles of tanner? Well, ditto on the cleanser. Truly, my cosmetics collection is ridiculous.
  16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure where to put this, since there are several threads, but this one is the most handy.

Paula Begoun has written books reviewing various beauty products, including makeup. She also has a website, cosmeticscop.com.

I've tried out several of the products that were reviewed well, and generally I haven't been disappointed.
  17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

So is mine. :oops:
  18. Laura

Laura New Member

I have one of her books, in which she revealed that eye and lip pencils stamped made in Germany are very similar across brands because there is only one factory in Germany that makes these kinds of pencils. Very interesting read all around.
  19. 2totango

2totango New Member

I either use shampoo to clean my brushes or the MAC brush cleaner. I actually think the shampoo works better. Facial cleanser didn't work well at all for me (scary, since that is what i am using to get the make-up OFF my face), but like I said, I am probably hard on my brushes.
  20. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

me too:(