Make Your 2005 Dance Forums Awards Nominations!!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Dec 14, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Mine too. I actally found the whole thing kind of annoying,at first, since I busted my butt to get my 2005 nominations in on time. But then I remembered/realized that DF really is just a volunteer organization. Folks here are doing ALL they can, as BEST they can. And they're not getting paid ANYTHING to do it. So what more can we regular members ask while still being fair? Not all that much, IMO.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

IJ...it has been a very busy year for SD on whom the thing has fallen solely and the place in which all of that info is stored has been difficult to access...and like the reputation feature, the DF awards can't just be plopped out there raw lest there be consquences...however, I have done my best to increase the incentive that they will be out before 2007, nonethless, if they aren't it will simply be b/c there is, yes, a whole lot of butt bustin' goin' on...and the labors are few
  3. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

It appears I should have stuck a wink or some other emoticon in the above message so as to indicate that my comment was to be taken as a tease, not a serious complaint. My apologies, SD, if you or anyone else saw it as criticism.

I have a first-hand appreciation for what's involved in being a volunteer webmaster, etc.

A bit of advice tho... mebbe it would be best not to solicit nominations for 2006? ;);););)

-J
  4. fascination

am sure no offense is taken...he's too busy being a brilliant anthropologist....and I am pretty sure ya don't hear anyone around here soliciting any new nominations, lol....
  5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Actually, SD had a couple folks to help him last year and the year before, IIRC. But you're right. The point still stands. Getting the awards out is hard work. HARD work.

And my point stands, as well. Posting nominations can be hard work, especially if you're posting a ton of them, which I have done, in the past. And it can be pretty frustrating, if you've done a bunch of work and have no idea of what's going on.

Eh. No matter how you slice it. There's a lot of work being done. *shrug*
  6. fascination

yea...I nominated a ton of folks...hence my offer to bid for their outcome...but that was mostly in jest...it has, to your credit and others, become a much larger forum and hence, a much larger task
  7. PasoDancer

PasoDancer New Member

That's what we need. A catch-all disclaimer emoticon. I can't describe it where it'd make sense, but I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what I means.
  8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I think that we need some more emoticons anyways lol! They are so fun and so cute! ;)
  9. fascination

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIId...please?
  10. Laura

Laura New Member

Okay, since the 2005 awards never happened, and it's mid-November now, we should just scrap it and move on over into the 2006 nominations.
  11. fascination

well I have bid on the 2005 awards...but I am seriously dubious that we are going to be continuing this tradition for 2006...at least until we find a new battery of seriously available worker bees
  12. fascination

sheesh...I didn't even mean to bump this thread...sorry SD....going now to bump the auction thread...dizzy post osb mod complex
  13. Laura

Laura New Member

Uhhh, I'm gainfully unemployed. Well, once I pack up and move, of course. Can I help?
  14. Pacion

Pacion New Member

[edit: He being SD]

Fascination, my personal theory, and this is only that ;) is that SD won in every category and was too bashful to reveal the results! :banana: :lol:
  15. fascination

pm SD but some of it is a matter of logistics
  16. fascination

well, agree with you mostly , but I think I had him on the flirting thing
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

say, f... did you ever get your 2005 awards results...???
  18. fascination

nope....but I am content...still waiting for my other stuff too and dh is getting to be a PITA about his book....tap tap tap
  19. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I think an alien came and abducted SD's computer harddrive :raisebro: