Manhattan Dancesport Championship 2012

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dance Forums, May 23, 2012.

1. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

i won't be competing but i might be around to spectate. I will KIT if i am! :)

2. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

Cheers Mandicraft.

Chris

3. pointtorae

pointtorae New Member

Andrew and I will be there for Pro Rhythm Saturday night! Let's hope we don't have a repeat of Yankee and all get evacuated from the hotel 10 minutes before the session starts! =p That was fun.... haha

4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

On Thursday, once you're done with your Smoothies? I'm In!

5. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Heat lists are up !

6. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

hmmn gives me a thought... jeramiah weed smoothie?

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

weed smoothie did you say, with jeremiah? :tongue:

so that's your secret, larinda, lolz.

8. j_alexandra

LOL I can't think of a better use for a smoothie... don't let Sami know I said that.

But, alas, it now turns out that I will not be in Brooklyn on Thursday, but instead, in Texas. Yeah, I know.

We'll have that Weed somewhere, sometime.

eta: I see Sami beat me to it!

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

having paired mezcal with LGS on more than one occasion, i have no room to talk.

ETA: though never before a comp. (i don't think...)

10. muyv

muyv Member

Not roof top, but definitely great view, the Brooklyn bridge park is not too far and has fantastic views of Manhattan skyline, There is also an outdoor bar in pier one. From the Marriot, take a walk through the quiet tree lined streets in Brooklyn height, stop by some fantastic local restaurants (My favorites are Jack the horse, the River Deli), check out the views from the promenade, then you can step down to the Brooklyn bridge park by the water, and enjoy the view and the drink at the outdoor bar there. At the moment, there are some hundreds of interesting photos showing at the park (photoville). If you skipped desert at the dinner, Brooklyn Ice cream factory is right by the park. And if you would want try some new york pizza, Frank Sinatra's favorite pizza place (the Grimaldi's) is right around the corner. Walk a few more blocks along the river, you are then in the heart of Dumbo, check out some funky galleries and bookstores (Powerhouse Arena close at 5pm though), and walk under the arch and feel the train humming by above you loudly. If you are a little tipsy from the drinking earlier, take a subway from there for one stop, either A or F, you are right back at the Marriot again.

11. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

hmmm... i am only listed for 5 single dances + scholarship but i thought i was suppose to do 10.... must iron this out with pro.

sorry to hear you wont be there, j_a! i was looking forward to seeing you.

12. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I am dancing on thursday... I am so excited!! I have been out of competition for close to a year now... Cannot wait to get back on the floor. And in a new style that I much prefer :D

Any DF people there on Thurs (day session) and recognize me, come say hi!

13. Larinda McRaven

14. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I've done been converted!!!

15. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Good luck!! Hopefully in the fall we'll run into each other!

16. j_alexandra

welcome to the bright side ;-)

17. Larinda McRaven

I can't wait to see it

18. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys!

19. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Idk, that coach of yours seems awfully sketchy ... :)

20. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

lol...