Manhattan Dancesport Championships - 2008

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by cy_phi, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Thanks for letting us know, Gary. I am SO EXCITED to be coming to this event...my first East Coast comp since 2002.

(Which reminds me, I'd better fax in my entry form and payment RIGHT NOW.)
  2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the update Gary; much appreciated!
  3. cy_phi

cy_phi Member

Thanks for the update Gary! I can't wait for that weekend!
  4. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm getting more excited by the day. And a little nervous :)
  5. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

I'm going to be there cheering on Laura, plus going to watch Friday & Saturday nights :) It's a nice easy subway ride from my house. I'm excited!! :)
  6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

so I think we go! printed entry form, but there is no dollar amount for registration fee printed:( neither do I see deadline for registration. Anyway, I'll just fill out and fax to Rogers.
  7. Standarddancer

don't be nervous;) have fun:) good luck and dance well!!!!
  8. Laura

Laura New Member

If you go to the web site and click the tab that says "Registration," there's a link that says "MDC Entry Fees." That document lists all the entry fees, plus says when the entries are due.
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Don't remember where I saw it but Am Champ Standard is $75. Deadline I think was June 20?
  10. Nvm

Nvm New Member

I will be there watch.
  11. Standarddancer

thanks Laura & Joe, I was so busy and getting sloppy, so I just filled out my cc info then mailed the form to Rogers. I trust them would charge the correct amount:)
  12. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

I think we're going and I think we're dancing Saturday. Can't wait to see you, Laura!
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

14. Laura

Laura New Member

OMG that's so awesome! I'll be there watching on Friday & Saturday night (dancing Saturday afternoon).

I'm starting to feel like I'm going to a family reunion by coming out to this thing :)
  15. Standarddancer

Welcome to NYC Laura!!!:)
  16. Standarddancer

you won't stay watch Sunday night pro standard? That's usually so awesome!!! The country's best pro couples would be dancing there!
  17. Laura

Laura New Member

Well, I'm not there yet :)
  18. Laura

Laura New Member

I don't have a choice. I have a previous commitment in San Francisco on the afternoon of Monday the 7th, and so need to get back on the 6th. I go to enough big comps (UK, Blackpool, Embassy) that I see all the best pro couples from time to time anyway.
  19. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

All of the rooms at the comp rate are sold out, the regualr rate $300 per night! Does anyone know of any hotel alternatves that are not so expensive?
  20. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

You could try Holiday Inn on Union st - not sure rates are great tho. (typing w/wet nails...)