Manhattan Dancesport Championships - 2008

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by cy_phi, Jun 13, 2008.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Booked a room at the Comfort Inn...although the res agent wasn't aware of the event/block of rooms...gave it to me anyway.
  2. tendancer

tendancer Member

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

heh...thank you! I'm going to cancel and re-book....although I only need for the 4th and it's coming up $119 - still saves me $$$. I think I'll nominate you the forum's travel agent :)
  4. Gary McDonald

Gary McDonald New Member

Yep I just talked to the hotel and there are limited rooms on the internet for that price even though they guaranteed me "the lowest possible price". They also CHANGED the reservation phone number for our group (aren't hotels wonderful!)........please call the hotel directly at 718 855-9600 to receive the Manhattan DanceSport Rate.
  5. reb

reb Active Member

Thanks Gary.
  6. QPO

QPO New Member

Watch out for some aussies that are travelling the dance circuit. Ian & Jonny, they dance in masters....do latin they got a second at Emerald Ball.
  7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

So, any DF gatherings planned for Manhattan? Or is it still too early to decide?
  8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

It seems that the most well intentioned DF gatherings always seem to fade away. Mostly just remembering who is going and then being on the lookout in the ballroom or bar for them is best. Random meetings seem to be the most fun and surprising anyway...
  9. Laura

Laura New Member

Well, I'm going to be in the City for a whole week...I've got some individual get-togethers planned but I always love to meet people. How much I'm willing to do on Friday night depends on when I'm dancing on Saturday daytime, though.
  10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I'll be there Sat and Sun night and probably Fri night too. Might also check out the Pro/Am Standard on Sat afternoon.
  11. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

can't agree more!!! Random meeting is such fun and surprising!!! Still excited meeting Samina, chachaMama, Mamboqueen & Cheryl D at Yankee without formal arrangement;)

I'll be dancing Sat night and come to ballroom watch Sunday night Pro event at Manhattan;) hope to see some DFers around and say hi;)
  12. Laura

Laura New Member

Hahahha! Come for the first-ever Samina vs. Laura Martini Smackdown in the Open Pro/Am "B" Scholarship. (Whoever places higher buys the other the cocktail of her choice.) :)
  13. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

That sounds like something NOT bo be missed. I think I'll have to come on over and watch that. :)
  14. Laura

Laura New Member

Hee heee. Well, we'll see. I have a feeling she'll be buying, but I'm not giving up yet. :)
  15. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Hey Gary, IF You are not too busy and still reading this, when ae you posting the heat lists?
  16. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Should I bring boxing gloves for you two : )
  17. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

sounds like a great event!!! wish I could made it, but I guess I would be busy crazy running around for hair + makeup to be ready for my own heat sat evening:( wish DFers competing sat afternoon good luck!!!
  18. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

I cannot wait to see this!!! Sorry Samina, but I'm gonna be cheering for Laura, we've survived working at a major competition together and still seem to want to hang around each other, so she gets most of my cheers (shhh....don't tell Laura, but there might be one or two in there for you too!)

I'll be there Friday night, Saturday day and Saturday night. I'm looking forward to watching everyone compete!
  19. Gary McDonald

Gary McDonald New Member

So far we have about 7,500 entries and I am still receiving way too many entry forms by fax to post a schedule yet. I will spend tomorrow and Thursday inputing as many entries as I can and then the time schedule will be finalized and ready for the printer on Friday morning. The schedule should be available on our website www.manhattandancesport.com by Friday around noon.
  20. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

:oops: