Manhattan Dancesport Championships - 2008

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by cy_phi, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

So we can keep you out all night and just need to make sure that you're at LGA around 11amish?? :twisted:
  2. Laura

Laura New Member

Sure why not?
  3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Oy, ya' all better report back here afterwards so we can make sure you guys haven't gone awol in the ether... *grin*
  4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

What do you think the odds are that there are still tickets for Saturday night?

I would of course love to go. (I'm reasonably sure that CCP will think this is a crazy idea, and I imagine getting a hotel room at the last minute could be a little tricky as well, but might be worth it to see the latin!!!)
  5. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hope tickets are available at the door. I meant to order evening passes but forgot !
  6. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

dang... i'm doing two standard scholarships... thought with DS combined with open i'd just have the challenge of that one. probly at least quarterfinals in both...plus single dances... wow, gonna be a good workout that day.
  8. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I have complete confidence in you sam. You'll do great!!!
  9. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Does anybody know where I would find a schedule of what time the different sessions start?
  10. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I *might* have an extra room to sell off for Friday and Saturday...
    anyone interested?
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

*hug*
  12. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

yes. I will PM you.
  13. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

14. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Hmmm...unless I'm missing something, that only gives the start time for Wednesday night, it doesn't give the start times of any other sessions.
  15. Egoist

Egoist Member

Scroll down.
  16. Egoist

Egoist Member

I don't see any "awards" scheduled. Does that mean awards are given only at the end of the session? I hope not as I don't want to dance at 8 and then have to wait in my tailsuit until past midnight.
  17. Laura

Laura New Member

I started to obsessively click through the entries to see who else was going to be in my (and Samina's) Open Scholarship, but then I gave up because I'm really not that much of a competition nerd, am I? :)

See you all next week!
  18. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

ahhh...okay, I figured out the problem, my computer was holding the old page in cache, so once I actually *******ed the page, the times showed up! :) Thanks!

Anybody going to spectate on Sunday night? I'm looking for a spectating buddy since Laura is leaving me Sunday afternoon!
  19. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Well, you actually are that much of a competition nerd...but I think it's why we luv ya so much!! :p
  20. star_gazer

star_gazer Active Member

If you go to the webpage that has the heat list and click View>Source, you can search through the document by Heat# and find out who else is in your event. I just did it to see what we were missing. So sad not to be there :(