Manhattan Dancesport Championships - 2008

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by cy_phi, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Wow, someone who is more obsessive than me!!!!!! Love it!

Woo baby, I just checked and there will be 22 couples taking the floor in the first round (well, a quarter-final actually) of the Martini Smackdown :) Of course, it's really all about just Samina & me, the others are there to make things more interesting floorcraft-wise ;) But don't blink or you might miss me if I don't get to that semi-final :)
  2. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Oh my god...love this new piece of information - thanks Star Gazer! :applause: I was also a crazy clicker....not anymore! My championship event has 13 couples if not mistaken....HUGE field compared to what I usually get! Very excited...and now very nervous.
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

bloody brilliant. thanks stargazer!

22 in the open scholarship, 20 in the silver.
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

roflmao... just too cute.
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

breathe...breathe... :)
  6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Man...I so want to go spectate at this. So many D-F peeps. Big comp. *pout*
  7. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Someone should see if the bar can put new items on their drink menu: lauratini and saminatini. Ladies, what will your ingredients be???
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

um... you have to ask???:cool:
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

laura is definitely more of a party girl than i am... i would rather have quietly tip-toed into these waters. thanks for dragging me into the spotlight, doll.:mad::cool:
  10. mamboqueen

you're kidding, right? you do realize you were the only chic in the ballroom with a bottle of champagne last week?!! Miss Innocent!

Okay, patron with what???
  11. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Latin debut and you didn't even check that championship event?
  12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Hahaha...um...2 bottles. ;)

Anyway, that's different. I always feel the challenge of overcoming performance shyness.

A tequila cosmo...or mexipolitan as you so cleverly called it. :)

Hey, there are only 13 in the silver latin scholarship. By comparison, much less intimidating.
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Lol...was working on that as you spoke. :)

A lot depends on how zen I get with my new heels out club dancing tonight...if I end up not feelin' the luv, I may make a big splash alright in my debut...a belly flop! ;)
  14. Laura

Laura New Member

I'll get back to you on that one. I used to keep a file of cocktails I was inventing, but I lost it somewhere and will have to see what I can come up with off the top of my head.
  15. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh, sorry! I was just trying to "up" the fun quotient! Don't worry, it will all be fine, and I'm really looking forward to meeting you in person.
  16. mamboqueen

Gosh, I'll never forget when I lived in a garden apartment and there were a bunch of singles there and we got together one night with all the alcohol we each had and concocted drinks using a bartending book. The most painful drink was called a bubblegum shot. Had one of the worst hangovers ever.

I hope to see you there on Saturday. I'm going to visit a local (Brooklyn) dressmaker and then I'll head over.
  17. Laura

Laura New Member

Well, TS & I are dancing at 12:20 (or so) and then again at 5. Make sure you say hi!

(I feel kind of like I'm going to a family reunion where I don't actually know the family but they all know me.)
  18. Kitty

Kitty New Member

so which couples are in the open standard?
  19. ChelD

ChelD Member

well, at least you'll know some of us!
  20. Laura

Laura New Member

You're going to be there Chel? Awesome.