Manhattan Dancesport Championships - 2008

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by cy_phi, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Bator+Orent
    Morissette+Boutin
    Pashkov+Breyer
    Liao+Chaldysheva
    Hodgman+Crawford
    Crotaz+Yuan
    Stepian+Delekta
    Mikushov+Demidova
    Domansky+Wong
    Dow+Graell
    See+Doyle
    Valle+Entin
    Ersal+Ersal
    Makarov+Fu
    Gilin+Trutneva
    Tonizzo+Hansen
    Spencer+Herink
    Milette+Ikonomova
    Zinshtein+Izmaylova
    Jurzcyk+Jasionek
    Smith+Kleyman-Smith
    Klinchik+Klinchik
    Pavlovsky+Lim
    Lundell+Ramsay
    Moreau+Tremblay
    Nartov+Shmatova
    Zou+Shneyer
    Stone+Varker

Corrected one spelling mistake in entries, but not sure what others there may be. :)
  2. ChelD

ChelD Member

Yep. Dancing Wed evening and then working the rest of the time. See you there!
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

No worries & likewise. You've definitely upped the fun quotient. :)
  4. Laura

Laura New Member

Holy cow it's hot in New York. Mid-to-upper 80's all week...how do you people survive? (Oh wait, I used to live there...had to use air conditioning all the time....)

Gotta get packing. I'm not actually sure if I own lightweight enough clothing for the weather there! Living in San Francisco means dressing for perpetual Springtime.
  5. ChelD

ChelD Member

The challenge is dressing for two climates - the inside the ballroom climate and the outside the ballroom climate ;)
  6. Egoist

Egoist Member

Thanks, Joe.
  7. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

And it probably doesn't pay to pack the flat iron. Lasts about 15 minutes for me :rolleyes:

When I drive from the studio to my house there is usually a 10-degree drop in temp because I'm closer to the ocean. Sometimes I wish it was the other way around. It was empty today and felt really cool when I got there. Was sweating profusely in about 15 minutes. /hijack
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

true. and i need a sweater all summer long due to the icy AC...
  9. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

2 climates are tough to deal with - last year I went there just to watch and I sweat outside but froze inside
  10. Standarddancer

where you find this? is it on their site? I clicked "heat list", takes forever to open up, then finally opened up but I only saw my own entry, not others who will be in my heat
  11. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

It's not listed by heat on the web site. The heat info is embedded in the page and Joe pulled the data for us.
  12. Standarddancer

oh then BIG THANKS to Joe:)
  13. Laura

Laura New Member

Gak. I'm here but Northwest lost my luggage. And there's an hour line at La Guardia for taxis. At least I carried my costume, dance shoes, and hair pieces/costume jewelry in my carry on. I guess I'll get to do some shopping tomorrow, eh?
  14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's embedded. If you View-->Source you can see the page coding, which has all the entries. Then you just have to do a little legwork in finding your heat number and use that to find the other couples in that same heat. I won't be competing this year, but I was curious to see who will be.
  15. Standarddancer

Genius!!! Search by heat #, never thought of it...I'm not computer savvy, for things like that, usually I give up...
  16. Standarddancer

sorry this happened to you:( do you at least have your name, address tag on luggage? Hope they'll find for you eventually...

I think another smart way to make sure luggage to arrive correct destination is that always check the correct destination airport printed on stickers airport put on your luggage before they tow them away.

well, at least you have all your things for the comp:)
  17. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Smart thinking with carrying on the "necessities"...hopefully the rest will get returned to you quickly.

I'm up in Midtown if you need a shopping buddy!!! :grin:
  18. Standarddancer

I'm also working in midtown;) there is a small shop in Rockfeller center named "value drug" carries all kind of travel necessities. Also Duane Reade is on 48th Street between 5th & 6th.

A lot of stores for shopping clothing around Rockfeller center;)
  19. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Larinda, you still have extra room you want to get rid of?
  20. Laura

Laura New Member

Yes, and I've filed a tracking report with Northwest. They can't do anything more right now.

I always do this. I stood there while the guy put the stickers on my bag, I read the sticker, checked the flights and numbers and name, and then waited while he put it on the conveyor belt to send it to my flight. My theory is that they mistakenly took the bag off the plane in Detroit (it was the same plane from SFO->Detroit and Detroit->NYC) and then lost it before they got it back on again.

Yep. And I'm going to go clothes shopping this evening because I need an outfit for work tomorrow and according to NW's baggage tracking web site, my bag still hasn't been found. There was a Duane Reade 1/2 a block from where I'm staying in Chelsea, so I'm set with replacement sunscreen and other personal items until my bag arrives. And if it doesn't arrive...then I'll hit the MAC counter at Bloomingdales!