men's make up

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomdancertoo, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this was fairly muted eye makeup and not the intense look that women usually use? I can't picture a guy pulling that look off.
  2. Ambao

Ambao New Member

A great tutorial to help : (youtube)watch?v=xmUXF_W21Rc
    It shows very well how makeup can help you to look better but natural.
  3. Ambao

Ambao New Member

I can't post complete links so just go to YouTube and paste the end of the link, it should work. Otherwise, have a look on Gossmakeupartist channel and look for "MEN'S GROOMING - LOOKING GREAT USING MAKEUP"
    dbk likes this.
  4. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Active Member

does a foundation help like a car polish. the water (persperation) just drip off?
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

but anyone, male or female, using eyebrow pencil ought to make sure they pick a color that makes sense for their hair color....
    dbk likes this.
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

No. It does not. It drips as well as the sweat. Which is why there are a lot of products out there that help makeup stick to the face when working out, such as finishing sprays.

What foundation does is even out the skintone on your face.
  7. dncergrl

dncergrl Active Member

Maybe I live in a more liberal city, but I frequently see men at the cosmetics counters, sometimes getting a lesson, or more often we chat over certain products. First time, I was a little surprised and then I thought, why not? Some of the subtle nude/brown shades of eye shadow can make a man's eyes look very deep and sexy. Also see guys getting their hair highlighted. But that is old news.
    dlliba10 likes this.
  8. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

This thread reminds me of the news this morning. Someone had mentioned that men's skin care is an untapped market worth about 2 billion in annual sales but the key in making it work (for industry) is education because most men don't think they have a skin care problem. :D
  9. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Which makes one ask, do they? Do women really have "problems", too, or is it "education?"
    Lioness likes this.
  10. jump'n'jive

jump'n'jive Active Member

I read an article about a year ago and how men dominate the make up market in South Korea. There perception of looking flawless has made be the largest market to wear make up from daily duties to meetings. It mentioned something like 2 billion in revenue.