Movie Music for a Showcase Foxtrot Routine

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by cornutt, May 8, 2014.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I've got an idea for a sort of a comical foxtrot routine that I want to do in our upcoming showcase in August. Here's the thing: the showcase has a movie-music theme. I originally pictured this routine as a Mad Magazine Spy Vs. Spy thing, but I'm stuck on finding any movie music that both works as a foxtrot and has the right mood. A suggestion I got was Men in Black, but I went through the soundtracks to both that and Ghostbusters last night and couldn't find anything suitable.

Anyone got any ideas? There's always the Pink Panther theme, but I feel like it's kind of overdone... I've seen a number of other show routines that have used it. The Get Smart theme would almost work except that it's a pretty fast tempo for silver fox, but mood-wise it's along the lines of what I'm looking for.

2. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Any James Bond music that would work? Maybe the Theme? A little fast, but possible.

3. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

Pink Panther maybe?

4. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Hey, you could try Pink Panth-*ducks*

I don't have anything 'spy'centric or movie, but I do love Fats Waller's "Your Feet's Too Big", and if you slow down Michael Buble's "What it Takes" that's swingy and jazzy. We used Hit me with a Hot Note for one and it was "too ballroom", so scratch that one.

5. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Slow it down with Audacity?

Victor Veyrasset and Heather Smith did a James Bond themed show once...it's a shame that's all I can remember about it...maybe if you search Youtube you'll find it and you could get a couple more ideas.

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

http://ww w.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TDURII/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk5?ie=UTF8&qid=1399637599&sr=8-1
    http://ww w.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TE0M1E/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk7?ie=UTF8&qid=1399637599&sr=8-1

7. Sania

Sania Active Member

Hit by a Brick by the Atomic Fireballs is a lot of fun although not specifically from a movie - you would probably need to slow it down a little for silver American or international

8. OreganO

OreganO Member

Perhaps "Baby Elephant Walk" by James Galway and Henry Mancini? It's an instrumental soundtrack from the film Hatari (1962, not a film I'm familiar with). The sound is definitely goofy.

On a more dramatic feel, there's also a foxtrot version of the theme from Peter Gunn, though I believe that's tv (and more Henry Mancini).

The London Symphony Orchestra's version of the James Bond Theme could be another dramatic fox.