MP-3 Players

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Dec 27, 2004.

1. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I have a Zen Micro.

It comes with a belt clip, you can clip it to your clothes.
    Excellent sound quality
    Moderately easy to use (I suppose this is subjective)
    I have 5 G of storage, so I won't be running out of room anytime soon...
    Mine came with a promotional extra rechargeable battery, woohoo! They are removeable, so I just swap the dead one for the fresh one. My only complaint is that I have no way to charge the dead one if it is out of the player. I bet I could find a charger for it tho. I can't remember if one is sold thru the manufacturer - there probably is.
    Very portable, I love that aspect
    It's over $200. Can't remember exactly, but it's in the $250 range.
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Zen micro? hmmm...
  3. new-ish

new-ish New Member

I did a search for the Frontier Labs Online Store and they had the NEX IIe for $69. I ran mine on nickel hydride rechargables the other day for nine hours and still had batteries left.
  4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well....drum roll, please......I just ordered a

Zen Micro 5G

It's pink! Utterly ridiculous, I know, but my logic was it won't get confused with someone else's because who in their right mind would order pink! *LOL*

I should have it in 2 days. It was $200 plus shipping.

I read lots of reviews and the IPOD was right up there. There were just some extra features that the ZM had that the IPOD didn't. If I don't like it, I'll re-wrap it next Christmas and give it to my daughter.
  5. mamboqueen

Technoligically challenged woman needs help!

Hopefully someone will know the answer to this.

I tried installing the software that came with my new gadget yesterday and for some reason, it won't let one dll file in. I called the company and they told me to disable my antivirus program, which I did, but it still gets hung up on this during installation. Anyone know the problem?? I hate to keep having to call Oklahoma for this.....wait on hold.....blah blah blah.

I'm getting a little mad at my new little toy.
  6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Tried uninstalling, then having antivirus disabled and then doing a complete install?
  7. mamboqueen

I did that, and the same thing happened. I'm wondering if I have to disable anything else -- spyware program? My cable seems to not working in my basement (hooked up to my pc and a tv), so I keep having to run upstairs to use the laptop. Very frustrating.

I did manage to use Musicmatch to download some songs onto the MP3 player, so maybe I'll just have to stick with that and forget about the program that came with the player. It probably doesn't matter much, except for some of the other functions (it can synch with Microsoft Office) won't be useable. If I can't figure this out, I'll have to get the dh to look it over.
  8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh man! I missed when you bought the Mp3 player, MQ.

There was a list of less expensive ones on aol this morning, mostly in the $160 - $200 range. Rio Carbon, Dell Pocket DJ, iRiver H10, Creative Zen Micro, and Archos Gmini XS200. They're all highly rated -- although I didn't see who's doing the ratings, or what the ratings are based on.

But the prices look pretty nice, comparatively speaking. *shrug*
  9. pygmalion

And here's a link to a Time Magazine article on the topic. It might not stay around long, since it's this week issue. But, for the time being, here it is.

http://w w w.time.com/time/insidebiz/article/0,9171,1044714-1,00.html
  10. mamboqueen

Thanks. I have it running pretty smoothly. I have to hide it from the kids now. They both want one. I don't theeeeenk so!
  11. pygmalion

Yep. The boyfriend (eek! um... guy I'm sorta seeing :lol: ) asked me for one for his birthday. Ha! Not til after I get one. LOL.
  12. mamboqueen

I dunno. That might indicate some sort of commitment *LOL*
  13. pygmalion

Exactly. And I'm not ready for that. Obviously. :oops: :lol: :lol:
  14. newbie

newbie Active Member

Ok, am I the only one here with a Creative Zen Touch ?
    20 Go storage, I put 500 songs inside, including 200 tangos, chosen from my duly bought CDs. I used a 320 bitrate setting so my mp3 file are big (around 8 Mo for one song), but there is still 75% free space on the player.
  15. mamboqueen

Wow -- yours holds quite a bit more than mine. You're having good luck with it, though?? Did you get new headphones?? I wasn't crazy about the ones that came with my Zen Micro.
  16. newbie

newbie Active Member

Yes, I'm using other headphones, not the ones delivered with the player. I'm happy with it for the the moment, except one day where it refused to switch on and I had to reset it with a paper clip.
    But it's been only four months, maybe the problems (batteries, software) will appear later.
  17. mamboqueen

I'm not having any problems now. It's a pain that I don't have the 2nd version of Windows 98 on my pc, but my husband has his laptop, so I use that. I do like their software program. Very easy to use. And I love the sound the player produces.

Did you check out their website? They have a forum and lots of people discuss their players, problems, etc.
  18. pygmalion

Any thoughts on the new Apple Ipod -- the one that was recently released? What's so special about it? Increased memory size? New features?
  19. diputs

diputs New Member

20. Medira

Medira New Member

It allows you to download and watch tv shows. Apparently it's pretty good quality too. (I haven't checked it out to know for sure though)