MP-3 Players

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Dec 27, 2004.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

2. chandra

chandra New Member

I so wish the Ipod 10 gigs were still around. 20gs is just more than Ill use, and I have more than 5gs of music. I made the investment for a 20 gig U2 edition (it was pre-opened in the store, so the same price as a normal 20 gig) but it was stolen, and im not ready to make the investment again.
    Anyone know of any good, (cheap please, although Im probs out of luck) non IPOD (the easily scratchable outside bothered me) MP3 in the 5-10 gig range?

3. diputs

diputs New Member

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

ohhh....thought it was the same. My bad.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

So what gives on the new video one? Target has it for $299, and I want to buy it for myself as a holiday gift. Doggone it. I deserve something nice. Or should I just go for the last-year model that already has the kinks worked out?

6. pygmalion

Or is the scratching problem just an MP3 player thing? And, if so, is there a soft carrying-case accessory?

7. lynn

lynn New Member

ooh, ipod nano - i wish santa would drop one off for me this christmas!

8. pygmalion

That's why I'm in the market to buy one for myself. I've been bad this year. I'm on Santa's list to get a lump of coal. :lol:

9. lynn

lynn New Member

@ least you're still getting something - i think santa would probably skip my home this year :( !!!

10. pygmalion

Santa may skip my home, but there will always be gifts in my house. I am Santa... or at least his helper. :lol:

11. lynn

lynn New Member

eh...i'm one of his reindeers then....

12. pygmalion

:lol: Red nose and all?

13. diputs

diputs New Member

Before you buy one, figure out what you really want it for. My iPod sits in its dock all day and night.

If you are a tv junkie that needs to get your fix, go for the video version. It would also give you one more reason not ot have to talk to people.

14. lynn

lynn New Member

i am a nothing-junkie - if i actually buy one, the reason is probably b/c everyone has one! Much like my cell phone - which is buried somewhere...

15. pygmalion

Eh. I think the music features are probably more to my taste. To be honest, I've been considering getting the XM-radio MP3 player. It has XM, and can record several (can't remember how many) hours of music at the touch of a button. I listen to XM daily. Maybe that's a better bet, for me. I can't remember the last time I watched a TV show in its regular time slot. All the TV I've watched lately has been moldy-oldy, canceled shows that are now on DVD. The idea of downloading shows is kinda moot, not? :?

16. diputs

diputs New Member

If you already listen to XM, the portable xm might be a better option for you.

I have about 25gb of music on my computer, and never listen to any of it!

17. pygmalion

Not to mention that it's a hundred dollars cheaper. :lol:

18. diputs

diputs New Member

Remember to factor in the monthly charges. There are no monthly's with an iPod. It is my understanding, that with xm and sirius, that you have to pay a monthly on each radio you own.

I could be wrong

19. pygmalion

Yep. You pay a monthly charge for each separate receiver, and, from what I can tell, the XM portable radio/MP3 player is not interchangeable with the other hardware, so you'd have to pay an additional fee. I could be wrong about that, but I didn't inspect the literature too closely, so eh. I'm not sure. :oops:

So I guess it depends on your listening mode ... Discover random new things or download specific, already-known things. Hmm. Gotta think about that. If you want to discover random new things, the XM player might be the way to go. Hmm. :?

20. diputs

diputs New Member

I prefer listening to new things.

I am waiting for sirius to come out with a portable player. I really think that they are missing the boat on this one.