Mr. Tango and Chaos on YouTube

Discussion in 'Videos' started by jantango, Jul 27, 2009.

1. jantango

jantango Active Member

2. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Wish I didn't have to go to the library to do YouTube.
  3. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Are these the vids someone set up to mock Rick McGarrey ("you're no maestro" etc etc)?

I actually thought his dancing was perfectly fine in the vids.

And - if I havent said it before - I cant remember that he ever claimed, or set himself up , to be " a maestro".
  4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

From the little bit I was able to watch (don't have the time to watch it all right now), it's beautiful, traditional social dancing. Can't really say more because I can't see any one couple for any real length of time. Nice.

I wonder what the men feel like to dance with.
  5. bastet

bastet Active Member

I can't recall that either.

To be honest, I think if the channel was set up to mock him, well, that small minded person who set it up clearly has far too much spare time on their hands to ruminate upon the humongous chip they are carrying on their shoulder.

There just isn't enough time in this world to be carrying around that kind of negativity. It is quite tiresome.
  6. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

er its just looks like people dancing to me......
  7. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

This looks typical of a social nite in some Fla. locations ( thats not a perjorative statement )

Just people having a good time..
  8. Me

Me New Member

It just looks like a very bad filming of social dancing.

But clearly, one cannot even upload that w/out inciting some sort of a tango riot.

This sort of thing is why my partner discourages people from uploading videos of dancing. I mean, geez. Youtube is out of control, really. There is a video floating around there right now that somebody uploaded where I am not credited, but some random wacko came along and posted a comment about how I had a cute, erm, backside? *sigh* It is amazing what people say when they can cower behind anonymity.
  9. Peaches

Well, do you? ;-) (Sorry, Me, I couldn't resist. *hug* Feel free to smack me.)
  10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I'm sure you do (link please ;))

but the quality of filming leaves a lot to be desired; (maybe he was doing it on his phone?)
  11. bastet

bastet Active Member

I dont' really have a problem with uploading videos...my problem comes in with the caustic commentary the owner of the channel posted in the description...If you read through them I think you'd find the remarks couched in fairly sarcastic terms.

I can imagine that since the original brujaja was that Mr Tango and Chaos had taken videos of milongureos to post on his site, maybe without their permission, that someone appears to have returned the favor by videosing him and creating a channel to post caustic commentary. (At least that is my guess from what I know of the situation).

So, like I said (and guessing from some knowledge of the background of the situation) the account owner appears to have far too much time on their hands spent being negative and nursing the rather large chip on their shoulder.

I ahven't got any issue with the videos themselves...the dancing is sedate- not terriblly dramatic or dynamic...I'd expect as much on a social floor...and the video looks like it was taken on a phone...but the OP was vague (intentionally, I imagine) as to what we should be looking to comment on...

IMO the videos themselves don't appear to be the focus of the person who posted them in YouTube but rather the large sarcastic "MAESTRO" in the description appears to me to be the real focus of the intent...
  12. Peaches

I guess I need to pay more attention. Silly me, I just looked at the video. I never even noticed any of the other stuff people have been talking about.
  13. tangotime

lol.....
  14. Me

Me New Member

So there is some question that the person who uploaded these videos did so in a pre-teen attempt to make fun of the dancers they were filming?

If that is case, I have nothing more to say. I don't want to be manipulated into providing a reaction about the dancers or the person who uploaded the videos.
  15. Me

Me New Member

LOL well, this person seemed to think so. (Or perhaps they too were being sarcastic??)

It really was unfortunate photography. Before we danced my legs felt like they were about to cramp up, so I leaned forward to rub my calves... with my tuckus poked straight up into the air and straight toward the camera (that I did not know was behind me) LOL.
  16. borisvian13

borisvian13 Member

I don't see much mocking here. (Well, excluding the word "maestros"). It is just a realistic representation of a certain couple's dancing skills.
    Speaking of negativity however, this lad Rick McGarrey does mock Gustavo Naveira and Fabian Salas at great length on his website:

http://www.tangoandchaos.org/chapt_6school/36nav3.htm

And I personally find his malicious attitude rather deplorable.
  17. tangotime

A "play" on words..
  18. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Rick McGarrey has done an awful lot of analysis of how people dance "Argentine Tango". But, you have to know when to quit. The cited page on Gustavo Naveira and Fabian Salas is very unfortunate. As is the the use of images without permission, although that is sort of a quasi moral thing.
    Still, until someone else presents us with the same visual evidence , and analysis of how it is done (by a certain sample of dancers) ......
  19. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

This.

It's a shame that he didn't know when to quit, because his site used to be a lot less controversial than what it has become.
  20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Me, I definitely think you should link to the video. ;)

On the original post, I really hate when people use youtube for a platform to complain/deride, etc. I use youtube to share videos of my friends and to find and watch videos of other couples I admire and enjoy watching. Wish everyone could use it for such simple, positive goals.