my roadtrip blog w/dh

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by 3wishes, Sep 28, 2012.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

and what is with the white plastice grocery bag that a driver will leave hanging out of the abandoned vehicle driver side window, with no driver in sight? does that mean help me! my car broke down and i didnt stick around to wait for help?
  2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

3. 3wishes

oh heck, that would not fly in california, you would get a ticket and towed to an impound yard. lol.
    woke up to dear sister texting about large strom and it would be a miserable drive up the dirt 4 mile road to her home in Keyser. So she cancelled early this a.m.' i will have to take a vacation from my vaca
  4. 3wishes

tion, sorry, typing on the road and in fog. yikes. headed to luray caverns which i am sure dh will enjoy because i plan on staying out of the caverns. Yep call me a whimp, wuss, chicken, whatever but caves are not a delightful adventure for. dh keeps insistin i will enjoy this, lol, uhhhhhh nope. i will read or find something else, nooooo caves for this one. talked with same sister about dad. eye surgery and how henfeels no one cares as we didnt call him the day of surgery. Wait! talk more, he ismdoing the woo is me routine which makes usnall crazy. then tells us he never said those things, yep gotta love it, we love him, care formhim, but when he only has a phone and no attention for ten minutes, it isnwoo isnme, he has been that way all mynlife. i am sure when i get home, imwill get an earfulnasnwill mynsister and husband. brace for impact. after luray caverns dear husband wants to see bristol motor speedway, come on now folks did you really believe we would not see a nascar track? i actually enjoyed the Nascar muesum in charlotte. that was fun. now on the fwy per se, in fog, headed south. countdown to the 25th and headed from nashville to austin for granddaughters 5th birthday on that day. they are both going to be so surprised!!!!!
  5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh, I wish I had read this sooner! You must have come right by me.
  6. 3wishes

well, peaches it seems we are going by alot of df folks. and i do mean going bye,,, whoosh. went to the awesome shenandoah valley museum, whar a wonderful place with six acres of gardens, art, interactive voice tours, actual letters, etc, etc, that i would consider a recent young museum, spent most of today there, now headed to luray caverns and at hotel in luray tonight. if dh says ohhh get a shot of THAT tree turning colors yet again, i will have oodles of memory card filled with trees. I really enjoyed hiking around the six acres of gardens at the original glass/wood homestead. wonderful!!!!!
  7. 3wishes

i will never adapt to typing while the car is bouncing,,, good grief!
  8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

There's nothing quite so beautiful as fall foliage in its glory. i hope you get to post some pics when you get back home, 3w.
  9. 3wishes

ahhh thanks, just back from the Luray Caverns. Car collection and little walking museum. ok, let us just say that i got even, snicker snicker heh heh heh. After viewing fall colors, maps, hours on the road, and notnmaking it to my sisters place because he demanded we go to Lancaster, lol, I walked, hiked his backside off today, and acutally i am feeling pretty good about that consider he is now sitting saying, "i do not want to walk another step" yep, feelin good. hahahahaha
    j_alexandra likes this.
  10. 3wishes

ok, so dh did not ask me to bring camera into the caverns i also think there are times when buying a post card is a better picture opportunity than something i could capture. The farmlands and the pops of color here is FINALLY making dh a happy road warrior. Received call from ds and dd, still checking to make sure we are nice to each other. Headed out to shenandoah heritage market off of exit 243 in harrisonburg, va as well as a fabric store that has thousands of quilting fabrics. oh happy feet! then on to Bulls Gap for the evening. Birmingham Alabama tomorrow.
  11. 3wishes

finished up at the market, after dh was on the right road to begin with and felt something wasn't right so ???? yep, he made a u turn and headed in the wrong direction, really?! sigh. Surprised dh when i reached for cell phone while he went the wrong way on road, called Bristol Motor Speedway and asked for the last tour of the day heh heh heh. DH spun the car around, headed in the correct direction, and i told him, if we are not there by 3:45 you can forget it, at 220 miles away, the man is shocked surprised happy, AND PRAISE THE LORD headed south, with an hour to spare, now that is what i call using the wive noodle to get going. hahaha
  12. 3wishes

it was a great day, i got to watch my 60yr old dh turn into a very happy 9 year old, touring the bristol motor speedway, and standing in the winners circle, no doubt lots of pictures got taken on this tour, as hemleaps for joy. your welcome dear:
  13. 3wishes

OH my gosh, a real keyboard, no car bumps (not driving yet). Stayed in Bulls Gap after DH had the most delightful tour of a speedway. Beautiful pink sunset over colorful valleys of trees. Kept passing two motorcycle full Honda Road bikes with ladies on the back. Met them at hotel. They are from Florida, in their mid-70's drove up to PA for the fall colors and headed home. We passed them several times. They stayed in the same hotel we are at. What fun, to think, about how fast life is and how to enjoy it. The ladies love riding, told me of a "full blown mooning at them" adventure yesterday...we laughed quite hard at breakfast this a.m. God Bless Them All and the roads we travel. Headed out to Birmingham Al this morning. DH, for all his salt telling me I'd never be able to do this kind of trip this long, has snapped...and said "this is too long"..hmmmmmmm NOWWWWWW who says who cannot do a long road trip?!!! hahahahaha. I patted him on the back and said, I'll drive us today. You rest hon. And smiled while I took the keys in hand. TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
  14. 3wishes

Currently in Hoover Alabama, enjoying the embrace of SIL and BIL I haven't seen since the moved here 2 years ago. Lovely neighborhood and I'm still getting use to the no fences between backyards thing. Dear Nephew at 8 years old is confused as to our visit,,,,ahhhh to be young. We ran miles across the north to the east coast, looking for fall colors and seeing the off-beat sights as well as some major ones. DH kept looking for those masses of colors he remembered from his youth. We found them but not where he thought they would be, in Virginia, Tenn and just at the border of Alabama. Delighted with so much visual display,,,I'm glad he was in the shotgun seat for the drive, ending the evening with a very pink sunset, sitting with family catching up. Finally, phone call from DS, landed in Nashville - he's excited to see us on Wednesday, and he's checking out Bar B Que in the mean time...ahhhh my wanna be chef in the making.
  15. 3wishes

Hoover Alabama, lovely. Streams, little lakes, great walking paths. Hung out with the in-laws, cheered wildly at their morning senior bowling league while DH attraced all kinds of attention with his 48 NASCAR hat, and the race talking began. Glimpsed some very funny front yards prepared for Halloween and could not resist taking pictures. Fond farewells, and hitnthenroad to Nashville. Met up with DS and received a long tight hug from DS. Nashville is fun, we walked at sunset to gret some shots of the river and great architecture. Listening to DS escapades of travel and swapping stories lead for a long evening of who can best who. All in all, i am happy the drive was not an all day event as there is alot of walking to do here in downtown Nashville, as DS informs me that Loveland CO is opening for skiing, wink wink. Shared some of the odds andnends trickets we picked up, howled with laughter at others. We loved walking the downtown, today we are up and about to the plantations before heading to AUstin. YES YES YES
    Terpsichorean Clod likes this.
  16. 3wishes

it was fabulous at the BellMeade Plantation. I loved thengrounds of this horse breeding farm and that Kentucky Derby winner can trace their bloodline to the 1800s out of this place. Lunch was sooo good, and the free wine tasting, which will now have to order the blackberry and red flag wines as a part of my home offerings. The winery is non-profit and puts all the proceeds back into the preservation of BelleMeade Plantation. I highly recommended the wine tasting, which is free at the end of the tour. We missed out on the culinary tour and cooking class as that is offered inly once a week, however, it was a very special time for the three of us as the conclusion walk and farewells stopped when a huge Model T car club from Missouri motored into the plantation parking lot, and the males were off and running to take a closer looke and talk to the owners. WOWEE, now in Austin, Beautiful fall weather has started, dd congratulated both of us on such an ambitious drive throughnthe USA as well as still having our sanity, BUT WAIT!!!!!, There is still another week to go before we are home, Who knows what is around the corner on an hourly basis, as grandchildren tear out of the front door and leap into our arms, treasure this, pretty soon they will think hugging us is sooooo not cool. lol. Now where the heck are those dirty road clothes?!!!!
    Terpsichorean Clod likes this.
  17. 3wishes

sooooo we hit cool weather in austin, then a nice warm summer ish day, then freezing cold rain and wind, then a spring day, raced outside with the kiddos to see just how big is the man in the moon! Pictures abound, have yet to make it to the doctor pepper museum in Waco and for some reason I really want to see this! I'm a pepper, your a pepper! For the first time, celebrated the 5 year olds/girls birthdays, celebrated dd birthday, saw the older grandson play first base/all star in the making, helped read to them, Grandpa is on a terror about clean rooms or no desert/as he melts when the girls smile at him, and laughter starts. Headed out to Lakeway to see Dear Brother and share those baby pictures he thought wew all destroyed, now he will have something for his own children. Get the tissues ready, and to take in the high school football game thursday night of my nephew. AAAHHHHH normal. As DH and I shake our heads looking at how my family had to evacuated ocean city and Belmar, checked on 93 year young aunt in rhode island, amazing, we were just there, whew.
  18. 3wishes

sooooooo, several male cousins have insisted my flying home from austin is like bailing out before the finish line, hmmm hmmm hmmm, maybe for some, maybe not for others. leaving Friday for HOME, and all i hear in my head while discussing this under the moon is Jason Aldeans song The Flyover States. I do not think i am bailing, just a different view of the scenary heh heh heh.wink
  19. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

You're not passing through NorCal? :(
  20. 3wishes

uhhhhhh, tc, you couldn't ask that at the start.