New York 'Dancing' Dentist Allegedly Punctures Patient's Sinus Cavity

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by Terpsichorean Clod, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

2. meow

meow New Member

You know, something very similar happened to me a few years ago. I was having an extraction, the dentist got really rough and annoyed and punctured my sinus and a piece of tooth went inside it. He had to dig around to find it and remove it. He said that it would heal up like normal and gave me antibiotics to prevent infection.
    It didn't heal and I had to have maxillofacial surgery to repair the damage.
  3. redHOT

redHOT New Member

Ouch! sorry to hear that
  4. Michael Ethan

Michael Ethan New Member

Well really some we have to deal a lot because of these dentist.....may be this is one of the reason why I afraid of dentist ;)....
    Also while dental implants surgery there is a high risk of getting sinus cavity puncture, so still in dilemma whether should go for it or not as this will also affect my dance practice.
  5. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Isn't there a rule in the USA Dance rulebook about the length of the drill bits used? Daphne?
  6. Michael Ethan

Michael Ethan New Member

Not having much idea....
  7. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Just got my first root canal. I have a tooth that is just "bad"... it has been drilled out 7 times in my life until now there is practically nothing left to do but a root canal.

The endodontist said to me when he finished up.... "Oh by the way if you look here at the X-rays you will see my drill bit. It broke off in a canal and I wasn't able to recover it, so I just packed some amalgam around it. You should be fine...."
  8. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:eek::eek::eek:
  9. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

OMMMGGG sorry to hear that
  10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Horror stories! I have never minded going to the dentist...or feared doing so...now...?
  11. Michael Ethan

Michael Ethan New Member

Ohh Sagitta that should not be happen..... he he :D Its like demotivating you or what??