Nightcap Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Sep 13, 2007.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

cannot for the life of me understand why this thread does not already exist, knowing the inclinations of my fellow DFers...

to kick it off i'll say that, to celebrate an uber-productive day, i WAS gonna kick it back with some nice zinfandel...
    HOWEVER... i was so productive i failed to make a wine run. so...

made do with a pot of lapsang souchong tea with milk & turbinado, and a few organic vanilla sandwich cookies. not alcoholic, but definitely a nightcap.
    :)

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Slug of absinthe. :)

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

white zin

4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Couple/three shots of tequila or Obstler (see Wikipedia article on "Schnapps" at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstler) as I'm on-line just before bed. Rum as a change or if I'm out of the tequila and Obstler. A single malt on stand-by for a very occasional change.

5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Merlot/Cabernet blend last night.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wish i'd be there...

7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh. :) You'd ahve been welcome, friends always are.

Always decent wine at my house. I'm half convinced at times that my mom invites me over for dinner as much for the wine she knows I'll bring as for my undoubtedly pleasant company. ;)

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

margarita w/ juice of one lime. for the vitamin C, of course...
    with a bit of parrano cheese. with i had some good bread...

9. fascination

white grenache...so keyed up from coaching that I can't come down from the ceiling....and proud of myself that yesterday's disappointments/frustrations have yielded today's progress....

10. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Obstler. BevMo came through again.

When I finished off the bottle I had brought back with me in '74, it moved me to write a poem about it. In German, of course.

It's been over 30 years before I finally discovered a few months ago it being imported. Kirsch is OK, but not the same.

11. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Sabes que eres mexicano cuando: 2. Crees que el jugo de limón cura todo.
    (You know you're Mexican when you believe that lime juice cures everything.)

It's a Mexican thing to squeeze lime juice into lots of foods and drinks. At least that was my experience in the 28 years that I was Mexican. Our niece even squeezed some on refried beans, something that nobody else in the family had ever thought of, and when my father-in-law tried it he pronounced it good.

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Milagro Añejo.

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

like the greeks with their lemon...

i love either squeezed on everything. lol.

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

margarrrrrita, while watching four new exercise vids. had killer vicarious ab workout...

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Tawny port, cachaca, JW.

16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Probably belongs in addict thread, not here, but it's sad that I read that as chachacha, and ditn't think anythign of it until I remembered name of this thread and had to go back and reread it. :)

17. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Glass of DH's syrah port.

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Very nice. Had an interesting locally made white port at a tasting Saturday, thinking some may end up as part of mom's Christmas gift.

19. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I'm not one to judge these things. Was looking for a nightcap--it beat out bourbon, scotch, sambuca, brandy, and creme de cassis. Don't particularly like it, but the best of all the options.

20. fascination

all of that sounds horrid but I am contemplating some cabernet for the first time in a long time...twas probably the osb thread that did it