Nightcap Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Sep 13, 2007.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I think I managed two sips of my tequila black label w/ peach before I conked out last nite...such a long, long...week.

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

It's the drink Bond makes up on the spot when he's at the table, and names it a "Vesper" after her. Don't remember what's in it...you'll have to wait for him to answer it, or Google it.

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ooooh... ok. we've got that flick on DVD but i wasn't feelin' it so didn't watch beyond the first 30 minutes. mebbe i'll give it another shot.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

heh....box-o-wine...only b/c the advil is already packed for wisconsin... and in the spirit of and123, I have screaming calves...well, everything from calves down...lol...certain coaches should not be seen the week before a comp...ow ow ow....and I got NO sympathy...pout

5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Da coach (mike ditka),s merlot. Actually a nice tannic red, pretty well balanced. This is second night

6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Is out of a plastic cup, though. :(

7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Lemon Pledge.

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ew.

what's in that, anyway?

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

In what? Lemon Pledge, or limoncello?

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lemon pledge. limoncello i know... and make. mmmm....

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Oh. Lemon Pledge is the code-name for limoncello. :)

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Lol...ok, well, I must strenuously object...liquid sunshine maybe... but an aerosolized chemical sprayed on furniture just doesn't do it for me. ;)

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

If you have never tried Captain Morgan's Private Stock, do so.

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Mmmm, Capt Morgan private stock over a bit of ice. VERY smooth sipping. Not much of a rum drinker, but that's one I like.

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

My old fave, black medallion tequila w/ italian peach nectar.

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Caipirinha, then a little Cuarenta Y Tres.

17. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

BevMo now has a second brand of Obstler. Developed a taste for it in Germany in '73 and haven't been able to find anyone who imported it until a year ago.

Here's a photo of the two bottles. The newer one is the Haus am Markt on the right. It's a ceramic bottle with the old style spring-wire-and-ceramic stopper; I'm sure that design dates back to the 1800's, if not further back.

[​IMG]

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

My contribution to the cocktail world: The Tequila Cosmo. Dark tequila, of course.

You heard it here first, folks...heh.

19. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So...the tequila replaces the vodka? How do you get the pink color if the tequila is dark?