nighttime noshing nexus

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by elisedance, Jul 15, 2007.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Maybe we are sated with foodie threads - but the scene is not complete without this one.

The rule is only food eaten after midnight and before 5 am (I know there are a few early risers here) in your time zone. I suspect that food in this period is really underapreciated - and may well be more interesting than during the rest of the day (well anything is more interesting than my lunch..)

To start off:

Two semi-dried figs and two prunes; pot of tea; :banana:

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

one oreo-esque organic chocolate sandwich cookie.

3. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

This is the time I am usually up, so my food is not unusual, to me anyway.

Banana
    Gala Apple
    Bowl of Almond/Oat flake cereal
    2 reduced calorie Ice Cream sandwiches

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Usually as in you work nights? Or are you a night bird - in which case why not drop into IRU (insomniacs-R-Us - same forum as this).

Besides, your menu IS interesting to me - very healthy (I'm ignoring the ICSs) :)

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

forgot to enter (4.30 am) dried figs, almonds, hazel nuts (filberts) and raisins - and a pot of tea and the good ole :banana:

6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

It appears i was wrong - few here eat at night. well, I can keep a personal record...

pot of tea, fig, prune, raw spanish peanuts and :banana:

7. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Imported sharp Provolone, julienne of raw fennel, and Chianti.

Later, whole grain pretzels with cucumber dill alouette cheese - YUM!

8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Oh. yum indeed, wish I had yours - can I come over?

9. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

No nighttime noshing here--I think it's the primary reason I no longer have to watch my weight.

I will confess to eating a couple of malted milk balls before bed last night, but I rarely eat anything after dinner.

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Joking aside, I'm actually very careful and a bit of good food can actually reduce the 'I'm dying of hunger' breakfast catastropy. Besides, I always have to eat a :banana: anyway!

11. meow

meow New Member

Try to aviod anything in the middle of the night. Occasionally, like last night I had one choc-chip cookie. Got up just before 5am and began the coffee infusion.

12. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

I know you eat only "good" food...I am always envious of your wonderful dinner menus! And not all nighttime noshing is bad...but now that I'm out of the habit, I want to stay out of the habit.

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Makes sense - it can easily get out of hand.

sockeye salmon from a tin (where did I get this - it cost $6 for the small size!) on wasa extra rye crisp bread with a little CBIAB (can't believe...) pot of tea - oh and Mr :banana:

Gave some fish to Nick the tom cat who has been off his food for a while. Never seen anything go down so fast - where DID cats get their discriminating sense of food from?

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

whole :banana: samiches, figs, prunes, pot of tea

15. meow

meow New Member

Nothing even though I was awake most of the night. I never even thought of eating.

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I'm back from dancing all evening - grainy bread with shaved tunisian ham, dijon mustard, red wine (OK I'm technically a few minutes early for legal nighttime noshing, but who's counting...)

Hi Meow. maybe eating would help you sleep? They say that tryptophans are soporific...

17. meow

meow New Member

Hi Elise, OK I will try it.

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

one roasted chicken tender

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

whole banada samich (late reporting here...)

20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

pot of tea, fresh ontario peaches and apricots, raw almons, hazels and currants.
    Oh, had to edit this - forgot Mr. :banana: