nighttime noshing nexus

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by elisedance, Jul 15, 2007.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Obviousl, I eat more at night than anyone else!

Tonights delecables: Pot of tea for two (twice me), two slices of crisp bread with a layer of can't-believe-its-not-butter (the tub kind, seems to be better for you) and half of a whole banada on each. Sort of a vegetarian split hot dog (hold the mustard please). Dried prunes and a, wait for it, dried pear. Gee are they delicious. How come dried fruit is more fattening than the fresh kind? Even when they are not (supposed to be) cured in sugar..... I mean, a pear is a pear right?
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i would not normally have occasion to contribute to this thread -- just not a nighttime eater -- but am happy to report am eating a midnight bowl of organic crispy brown rice cereal. reason being, ate something unspeakably disgusting at dinner which... did not stay with me, shall i say... empty tum just got to be too much.
  3. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

plums. 4 nos. yum!
  4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

pot of tea,:banana: and two apricots. Mustn't eat any more after last nights dinner.

Sam: sorry about yours, you should have come over for the king crabs as invited.... you feel OK now?
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes, thanks, much. moments of hunger desperation will not soon compel me into the land of fast food, again...

king crab sounds fabulous. did you ever see that "world's most dangerous jobs" show on tv? fishing for king crab in the north sea was, IIRC, #1. lendest a new sense of drama & appreciation around eating it...
  6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I heard about that. My brother called me up after that and declared that he want to go try doing that for a while.

(Did I mention he was an adrenaline junkie?)
  7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol... if he signed up for iraq, i think that says it all...
  8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty much. This was a couple months ago, after he came back. Evidence of his difficulty re-adjusting to civilian life, don'cha know.
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow, yes -- makes a lot of sense. am sure he's got a lot to adjust out of his system after that.
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

meh... let him plan the wedding. enuf danger, stress & excitement in there for the heartiest adrenaline junkie.. lol
  11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

some kind of fresh cheese-filled pasta and itln dressing
  12. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

fruit smoothie...because I can get my son to eat 4 kinds of fruit in one shot (strawberries, raspberries, kiwi & mango).
  13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Fresh ontario peach, pot o' tea :banada:
  14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

ontario nectarine, pot of tea, fin-crisp whole rye
  15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

grainy bread with sunflower seeds, butter, sardines in tomato sauce (always share with the orange cat)
  16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

gonna be my thread....

whole banana on two thin crispbreads with pot of tea
  17. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Mac and cheese. Normlly pick up something more snacky on way home after parties at studio, but was having trouble staying awake at time so I went straight home. This was best choice for a snack out of what I had in kitchen. :)
  18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

hi etp: glad I'm not the only one grazing myself through the night!
  19. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

twix bars is what I had.
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

bowl of homemade chix soup...