novice latin turnout for yuletide ball

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by euchoreo, Nov 17, 2012.

1. euchoreo

euchoreo Member

My partner and I are considering dancing novice latin at yuletide ball in DC, but don't want to compete unless there's at least semi-finals. Is there usually a good turnout? How many couples are usually registered for that event at yuletide?
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The only way you're likely to get semifinals is if you offer a scholarship or you drum up your own semifinal.
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  3. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Yes Joe! Put together your own semi or at least start the process...

One good way to assure a semi final is to go to your friends and fellow competitors and urge them to compete at the event. Sounds obvious, but if you all band together and agree to go to a comp it will assure a depth of field. You can decide to all go to comp A, B, and C and then others who are looking at entries before deciding to go will see more entries and it will have a snowballing effect.
  4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately euchoreo will have to do it by word of mouth, because one can't see entries online.
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  5. euchoreo

euchoreo Member

Yikes. Mayhaps I'll just skip this one
  6. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

Joe, are you dancing at Yuletide? Know of anyone else dancing amateur standard? We are planning on going. A&K
  7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Yes--no traveling, can't really pass that up. I believe my partner signed us up for A too. Don't know who else is in. Guess there's two couples at least now!