Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Lets Keep All Song ID Conversations Here Please.

thegqguy likes this.
  2. Rhubarb

Rhubarb New Member

Just stumbled across this video ... Does anybody know the name of this song they've used, it's so chillingly beautiful!.....they also used it in the lecture they assisted with Graham Oswick Blackpool 2010.. Thanks in advance!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyAPG43crso

thegqguy likes this.
  3. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

beautiful

thegqguy likes this.
  4. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

I wish I knew the title too! Such a gorgeous song (that I'd love to have in my iTunes library). I was there - the performance was absolutely breathtaking. Sadly, the music was too loud for the Shazam on my iPhone to be able to recognize it ...

5. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I would go to one the forums for locating commercial music. There are several that deal explicitly with people trying to track down music used on tv. Since this piece was from a television commercial I bet you could post a clip of the video on the forum and lots of people would know at least what ad it was from... From there you might be able to track down the composer the way they did.

thegqguy likes this.
  6. aurae

aurae Member

Beeeeeautiful waltz. I love the ending.

I feel, in the music, an undercurrent of the ocean flowing. Her grey dress matched to that perfectly.

7. cshorte

cshorte Member

thegqguy likes this.
  8. LenaB

LenaB New Member

9. Parker Lynn

Parker Lynn Member

David Innis is the Music Director at this competition. you can email him through his site ctballroomsociety

10. CT Ballroom

CT Ballroom Member

Dave Innis here. Off the top of my head try "Promised Land" by Banghra. If not give a a shout and I'll go in my office and figure it out.

11. LenaB

LenaB New Member

[YT]-bltP0mXSpI[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bltP0mXSpI

12. CT Ballroom

CT Ballroom Member

I'm impressed with my memory! Good song...I should play it more often!

thegqguy likes this.
  13. dlliba10

Another Song ID (Samba)

Any help with this one?

youtube: watch?v=lSfVkb-kTX8

Thanks in advance!

14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

It's called Batucada. Unfortunately I don't have access to my iTunes right now to give you the artist. It might be the version by DJ Dero.

15. dlliba10

I downloaded it and have been enjoying it ever since you posted and I just realized I never said a follow-up thank you, so thanks, LG! :D

16. latingal

you're welcome, glad to hear that you're enjoying it dlliba10! good samba songs are hard to come by!!

17. TwoThreeFourAndOne

TwoThreeFourAndOne New Member

Rumba ID

I know this is probably asking much, but can anyone identify the artist of this song. I know the song is called "Historia de un amor", but there are a lot of different artists who have made a version of this song. I like this one a lot, but I have no idea who sings this.

The clip is an instructional video, the song is played in the first 22 seconds and the last 15 seconds of the clip. I know it's very short, but maybe someone has an idea of the artist :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP2cyXhE3Sg

18. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

No kidding - 50 listings at the iTunes store and none of them is the one in the video. But I found one that may tolerate being sped up for Am Rumba :)

19. sudoplatov

sudoplatov Member

I went through about 80 mp3s but I didn't find this one. I did find lots of other good versions.

20. latingal

Welcome to DF sudoplatov!