Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Dariusz

Dariusz New Member

Searching for a title

I cant find title of this amazing waltz

If someone know the name of this song pls write reply... I spend a lot of time looking for this and still cant find pls help!
    Thanks in advance
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi dariusz! Welcome.

Because you're brand new to the forum, your video is not showing. Bummer.
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

4. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

5. bia

bia Active Member

6. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

Can anyone tell me what you would dance to this lovely country song? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BaoCY3NK3BE

My intuition is telling me that the first half is slow but not a slow waltz or NC2Step and the second half is too fast for anything but East Coast Swing I think...unless it's a Viennese Waltz? I can't quite tell if it's 4/4 or really fast 3/4...plus there's a like a dichotomy between the tempo of the vocals and the beat that's being laid down...
  7. bia

bia Active Member

LC, that's awfully pretty, but I'm hearing some complicated meters in there, so it's going to be hard to dance to. It's mostly in 4/4, so no variety of waltz will work. I don't dance NC2Step, so I could be wrong, but that would be my guess for best fit. The problem is that there are occasional 3/4 (or 7/4) bars in there. So it would take careful listening and periodic adjustments.
  8. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

9. dlliba10

You're the best, DFL! Thanks!
  10. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

Ok...yeah I was afraid it was something like that. Thanks for clarifying.
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

LC, that's awfully pretty, but I'm hearing some complicated meters in there, so it's going to be hard to dance to. It's mostly in 4/4, so no variety of waltz will work. I don't dance NC2Step, so I could be wrong, but that would be my guess for best fit. The problem is that there are occasional 3/4 (or 7/4) bars in there. So it would take careful listening and periodic adjustments

until 1:38 its very soft and could be a triple two after 1:38 its a slow progressive two

yep i dance some country too
  12. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

Country Two-Step.
  13. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF Mr 4 Styles!
  14. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Anyone familiar with this samba? All I can make out in the lyrics is "Mexico" youtube . com/watch?v=Ejxa6AiR3bU
  15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF Mr 4 Styles!

thank you!!!
  16. no_name901

no_name901 Member

I can tell you that is not the name of the song.
  17. no_name901

no_name901 Member

I've been looking for this version of Flora's Secret, but can't find the artist. I'm usually pretty good at finding song names, help me out and I'll find one for you. lol

youtu.be/tEGYEx24yiA
  18. Terciel

Terciel Member

The original artist is Enya. The original song would have to be sped up significantly to be viable VWaltz speed, but alternatively this version of the song can be found in the album Dancehouse - Dance Charts - Step II
  19. no_name901

no_name901 Member

Thanks! Found the CD but its the only song I like on the whole album. It's not worth buying for only one song. :(
  20. dlliba10