Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I just saw this now! Glad it stands out and is recognizable. :)
  2. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

MP, of all the comps we've been at together apparently, I have yet to actually introduce myself to you at one of them ...
  3. Terciel

Terciel Member

The name of the samba is "Falar do Tempo" by Bebo Best. The original is way too slow for samba, so you'll have to speed it up a lot. Or find an already samba-ified version. I don't know where I got my version, so I can't help you there.
  4. no_name901

no_name901 Member

Actually the original just sped up to 100 BPM works just fine as a samba, as is used in the clip. The extra bass and echo is added by the sound system used by the DJ.
  5. dlliba10

Thank you so much, Terciel and no_name! Added to my list. Now just hoping for the mambo ...
  6. dlliba10

7. no_name901

no_name901 Member

I knew I had heard this song before! I've had it in my library for a while, just forgot about it. I love knowing Spanish! Makes finding some songs easier lol :)

The name of the mambo is "Chiquicha" by El Puma DJ y Rulo Miami Sound.
  8. dlliba10

YOU ARE THE BEST! Thank you!!!
  9. Terciel

Terciel Member

I posted about this song a few weeks ago, but now I have an actual video link to go with it (thanks to No Name).

Anyone know this rumba?
    youtu.be/1a-83Oo6FK8
  10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Please do! I'm guessing you will be at DCDI 2012? I'll (probably) be wearing the green dress then so come find me. :)
  11. dlliba10

Here's to hoping -- I'm actually moving up to Boston this fall, so it may be a bit of a trek, but I had such a blast last year that I'm willing to make the journey :)
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

There's a song being played?
  13. Terciel

Terciel Member

As I observe it, yes...

I'd ask if there's something wrong with the video link, but it seems to work perfectly fine for me.
  14. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

Sorry I don't have an audio version, but I'm hoping someone can help me if I give a few lyrics, such as they are (as I only know bits and pieces at that). But I'm looking for a title/artist of this foxtrot type song. It's a jazzy/bluesy type sound.

Part of the lyrics....and they may sound a little crude lol, guess that's why I remember them ;)

"I'll be your ****ycat licking your milk"
    another line not in order.. "Will you be my sugar rush, make me get high with just one touch?"

Anyone? Not a lot to go on but I love that song.

Thanks!
  15. dlliba10

Jessie J - Sexy Silk. Just plugged the lyrics into Google with the word "lyrics." :)
  16. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

Thanks dlliba10.

Good idea! :)

Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees, ya know? lol

BTW, highly recommend the song for a fun upbeat foxtrot.
  17. no_name901

no_name901 Member

I would suggest this song more for American foxtrot. For me it doesn't work for International Foxtrot. If sped up it would work as American Swing as well.
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Sorry, all I hear is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
  19. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

Very good point. It was intended as an American Smooth FT, at least as I was referring to it. :)
  20. no_name901

no_name901 Member

Hahahaha the people that are recording are talking really loudly or there were really loud people sitting there.