Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Can anyone help with the names of the Waltz and Tango from this video?
    innocents miriam stockley for the waltz

2. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

3. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Men, the people on this forum are GOOD!

4. Marc B

Marc B New Member

Foxtrot - Millenium 2012

Can anyone ID the Foxtrot from the above Millenium Smooth 2012 Final? (I can't post links)

Thanks!

5. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF Marc B!

Perhaps you could try posting some part of the url (like the part without the http or www, or type it with spaces that our posters can copy in to the browser line and eliminate the spaces - to help us identify the video quickly).

6. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the Pro Smooth final, it's My Bombombomb by Mo' Horizons.

EDIT: Derp, above = the link that I posted. Yes, My Bombombomb by Mo' Horizons. And welcome to DF!

7. dlliba10

8. dlliba10

9. no_name901

no_name901 Member

The samba is called SambaMix by Alessandro Olivato on the Latin Mega Hits 3 CD. Usually the DJ, in the clip (Brent Mills), uses a lot of Dancesport CD music.

10. spirtrian

spirtrian New Member

Does anyone happen to know the names of the waltz, Viennese waltz, and quickstep from the MAC 2012 Senior I Championship Finals?

/watch?v=vSKXc1fNW7M (on youtube)

(I would post the link, but I am unable to do that as a new member)

Waltz is at 0:00
    Viennese waltz is at 4:15
    Quickstep is at 9:25

Thanks so much! :)

The Viennese waltz especially has been stuck in my head for a while now. Haha.

11. latingal

Welcome to DF spirtrian!

12. Terciel

Terciel Member

The waltz is Theme from the Thornbirds
    The quickstep is Shout and Feel it

Not sure about the VWaltz though.

13. spirtrian

spirtrian New Member

Thanks, latingal!

Terciel - do you know who the artists are? The versions I found of those tracks were from the "Ballroom Swing" album, but neither of the samples sounded like what was in the competition. Thank you for your help, though!

14. Terciel

Terciel Member

Spirtrian - on closer inspection, it appears that the names I gave those songs are not, in fact correct. Apologies for the inconvenience. If I could figure out how to delete my previous comment, I would.

I really do want that waltz though, so I will put a bit of effort into trying to find it.

15. MintyMe

MintyMe Member

Tango song

Any ideas on song?
    It's on youtube titled
    "Aimee & Dwight - American Tango"

Thank you :)

16. NavyBee

NavyBee New Member

Waltz: Mary goes to Jesus (CD: Ballroom Perfection)
    Viennese W.: The Waltz (CD: The Ballroom Mix 7, but this might be a different version)
    I have no idea about the Quickstep. :(

17. latingal

Welcome to DF NavyBee! Or actually looking at your join date should I rephrase that to, welcome to posting on DF NavyBee!

18. NavyBee

NavyBee New Member

@latingal: Thanks! Indeed, I joined up quite a while ago but only dropped by very rarely. But from time to time DF is great to get an international perspective on dancing. :)

19. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ28Pvh3rDQ

I've been asking for years(!) and I'll keep asking. There's a song that stars playing at 6:00 of the link. It's a clip from Love n Dancing, in case you've seen it. I need to ID that song!

20. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

ajiboyet

i danced as an extra in that movie and own a copy ill check the credits tonite