Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. VladyV

VladyV New Member

Hi! Does anyone know where can I find the cha cha version of Ray Foxx feat. Lovelle - La Musica (The Trumpeter) ? Thanks!
    /watch?v=hlEw4xfRpOg

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF VladyV!

3. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

I think it's: Fifties Jive written by Jeff "Jabo" Bihlman and Scot "Little" Bihlman performed by The Bihlman Bros produced by Bruce Robb, courtesy of Quarter2Three Records.

Good luck finding it anywhere. If that's the right song, your best bet might be to contact them through their web site to see where you can get a copy (http://www.bihlmanbros.com/contact/contact__booking/)

4. spirtrian

spirtrian New Member

Thanks, NavyBee! The waltz and Viennese waltz were more pressing for me, but I guess I'll keep looking for the quickstep :)

5. Does any know the songs that were played for Cha Cha and Samba for the final round of U.S. open latin championship at USDSC????

Thanks!

6. Terciel

Terciel Member

If you could provide a video link, that would be helpful...

7. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Samba is Human Loss and Gain by Club des Belugas. Cha seems to be a remix of Now I've Got a Woman by Freddy King, but it's difficult to figure out exactly what remix or who the artist is. Check out ballroomplaylist.com for that one.

8. no_name901

no_name901 Member

Both are correct. But I gotta say the samba played at embassy for the pro final was better, and yes I know they are entirely 2 different djs.

9. Yes, I got the Samba...ballroomplaylist has the Cha Cha, but list the title as "What I've got," but no artist, so I don't know where to get it, but it is one of their selections for September for Latin, but they don't provide any info on where to get the remix...I'll see if it turns up somewhere.....Thanks!

10. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UsWpWpqAaA

Rumba performance by Alec Mazo and Edyta Sliwinska. I know the song is called "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word", but I need to know who sang THIS version.

Thanks all.

11. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

It sounds like Lydia Gray. That song is on her "In My Eyes" album.

12. ajiboyet

So I tweeted Edyta, and she replied in like 3 hours. It's by Lydia Gray. Thanks, TwoRightFeet

13. dlliba10

Hi, all,

Any ideas on the waltz and tango from here?

Thanks!

smidra86 likes this.
  14. jwhite41

jwhite41 New Member

@dlliba10 Which part/time are you referring to? Or all of them? Two of the tangos are El Piantau from the tango club night, vol 2, and the first one is Tanghetto - Emigrante.

Anyone know the song here from Bryan and Karen's Back to Basics video?
    /watch?v=n8LYNlvXeRQ

15. dlliba10

Sorry, I meant the group waltz (7:25) and group tango (9:24).

16. dlliba10

Also, can't remember if this one has been asked about before, but the tango in this video too? Thanks!

17. ajiboyet

Donnie and Gaynor start dancing at 5:00. I'd love to know the name of their samba.

18. Terciel

Terciel Member

"Festa De Um Povo." Artist - Marcos Sales.

19. ajiboyet

Aren't you just a blessing...

20. dlliba10

Hopefully this one's a little easier than the ones I've been posting recently, but any help on the Cha Cha in this one? Thanks!