Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

dancing_moogle and smidra86 like this.
  2. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

3. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

Walk with Me by Robin Spielberg and Jennifer Langham
  4. Chelle

Chelle New Member

Hi :)
    I'm not sure wether I should post this here or somewhere else, because it's not really song ID, but I am looking for a song.
    There is a ballroom-adaptation of 'cell block tango' from the musical/movie chicago (this one: /watch?v=qrrz54UtkCc ). This ballroom version has strict tango rythm, the slow parts and the parts where people are talking are left out. I have been looking for it for ages, I heard it several times at my dancing school, but when I asked them they had no idea what I was talking about. And they have about a million cd's, so it will take ages to find it on one of them..
    Does anyone have any idea on what cs this song might be? I already checked the 'at the movies' cd from Klaus Hallen.

X Michelle
  5. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle. It's on Dancebeat 11: Dance a Little Closer.

Though I was just listening to the excerpt on Amazon, and it seems to have the talking parts still, but with strict tempo instrumental & chorus in the background.
  6. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Following up with Michelle's kinda request, I'm looking for a waltz. I know it's called Follow Follow, because I heard Marcus Hilton say so in a Blackpool Congress video (I don't remember what year it was).

Also if you go to 14:14 of n9QyhFYBdFQ you'll hear a few words of the song. I'm sure someone here knows it. Please help me find it.
  7. Chelle

Chelle New Member

Yay thank you! That's the one :D
  8. NavyBee

NavyBee New Member

@ajiboyet: That should be "Follow me" sung by Johnny Mathis. I think there are several versions around, e.g. one on "The Ballroom Mix 4".
  9. ajiboyet

Thank you. That's it.
  10. Nick Bryant

Nick Bryant New Member

Hi,
    does anyone know the name of this french rumba song? Thank you!
    (on youtube: /watch?v=ceaQ1oj3A4E)
  11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Don't know who the singer is, but the song is "Les Feuilles Mortes" ("Autumn Leaves").
    smidra86 likes this.
  12. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Also, its by Andrea Bocelli
  13. Nick Bryant

Nick Bryant New Member

Thank you so much, Joe! Yes that is exactly what it is - a beautiful song! I really like it.
    Thanks for sharing!
  14. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

I am bumping this one....or did I miss the answer? I love this waltz and haven't been able to find it....
  15. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

EDIT: Thought you were quoting a different waltz I asked about. Still wondering about this one too.
  16. Does anyone have the name of this Cha Cha Cha from Slavik & Daria (one) show (sad) at Sunshine Dancesport Championship? Thanks!!!

/watch?v=DIHW8fCsLIE

what ever the issues they had....it's thousand times better than her w/ Stefano (and some of Slavik's best Choreography, not the recycled stuff from Stefano and Olga that he is using now with Daria :))
  17. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

The song is Little Bit of Feel Good by Jamie Lidell, but it sounds like it might be a chacha-ified version.
  18. ajiboyet

Oh Mambo...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
  19. Yes that's it, but I can't find the cha cha-fied version, never heard it before until the Slavik/Daria show

Thanks!!!!
  20. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

the swing in this video please.. ? i know it's some sort of version of twist and shout but cannot find which one...