Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

The one starting at 3:07 is Twist & Shout by Magnetic on their Za Tebe album.
  2. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

thank you so much!!! :)
  3. TwoRightFeet

The cha-cha version is the "Senor Coconut Mix".

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

awesome new swing or jive song LLMAOOOOO

5. spirtrian

spirtrian New Member

/watch?v=4iG1hkZ-o-E

MIRKO IS BACK! :D

Does anyone happen to know the name of the honor tango from the 2013 WDSF PD World Standard in Bassano, Italy? It starts at 1:30
  6. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Tango Passion -- Vio Freidmann, on The Most Beautiful Songs for Dancing Vol 4
  7. Neil Walker

Neil Walker New Member

I absolutely love this video :)
  8. Terciel

Terciel Member

Anyone happen to know the album/artist of the instrumental waltz cover of "Scarborough Fair?" Sorry I lack a video.
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Dance House, Standard Music 3
  10. Terciel

Terciel Member

Found it, thanks!
  11. no_name901

no_name901 Member

Anybody know the first group cha cha from the California Open Latin Pro final? watch?v=g5g31BvnuXw
  12. TwoRightFeet

'Cha Cha Cha Maria' by ALC (A Lo Cubano)
  13. no_name901

no_name901 Member

Thank you so much!!!
  14. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

Ok, I really need your guys help. There is a song they always play at collegiate ballroom comps (at least recently) and I can't figure out the song. Unfortunately after looking for footage with the song I came up short but I will try to describe it and hopefully someone can help.

It's a foxtrot. And the part I remember has scatting ("Bop ba ba do ba") followed by a sizzle sound. Then the chorus is in another language (not English), that could possibly be French but I'm not sure to be quite honest.

I'm going to keep trying to look a video with it, but an anyone help me in the mean time?
  15. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Can you recall maybe what competition you heard it at? And is it international foxtrot or american?
  16. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

They played it at both Valpo and University of Michigan this year. And honestly I can't remember if it's international or american. It seems like more international than american, but I'm not really knowledgable to that sort of thing so I'm not the best judge of that.
  17. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

I found a video with it! Yay! It starts at 1:36
  18. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Juke Box by Dimie Cat

When you first described it I figured thats what it was. And when I started the video I was like this is a waltz and then I realized you said what time.

ALthough I really like that tango after... anyone know that one?
  19. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

Thank you! It's been driving me crazy.
  20. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

FINALLY FOUND IT! "My Dream of You" by Solas. It's severely under tempo in its unaltered form, which is why it would probably be so hard to find (I've SoundHounded / Shazamed this at least 50 times, but I must have just hit the exact right part of the song).
    singndance and smidra86 like this.