Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. no_name901

no_name901 Member

I can usually find songs, but this one is proving itself to be a little more difficult to find. I ave e-mailed Dave (the dancesport DJ that played at this competition) and haven't received an answer back. Dave is a little more difficult to get song names out of, but I respect that and continue looking.
  2. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

This is one of the most beautiful rumbas I've seen (and heard) in my entire life. I know the song is called Sky, by Faye Wong, but I can't seem to find this version with the rumba beats. Anyone?

And, I'd like to know the lecturer's name, please.
    twothreefourone likes this.
  3. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

I had this search myself too, ajiboyet :) Barbara McColl gave the lecture I think. Totally agree, it's gorgeous. It's the unplugged version:

4. ajiboyet

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot!
  5. spirtrian

spirtrian New Member

Hey, everyone! I know that this video has awful sound quality, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me where I could find this Viennese waltz! I know that the tune is "Carol of the Bells," but I'm curious as to what album it's from. Thanks!

/watch?v=uA9ntg5P71c

The video is Max Sinitsa and Eulia Baranovsky dancing at the 2012 Holiday Classic.
  6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

tian kong by faye wong on amazon??
  7. rodislav96

rodislav96 New Member

Hi to everyone
    Can you help me? I can't remember the title of one rumba song, and of course i can't find it...please help me...it's a spanish song...it isn't new...it's recorded before 4-5 and more...the lyrics...i can't remember it...because i didn't heard this song while i stoped to dance...before 3 years...but that's my favorite rumba song...i tried to find it in YouTube...but without success...that's a part from which i remember from the lyrics..."ai maninio..por la soledad...pose que amooo"... :D PLs help my to find the title and the song!

P.S.: I'm bulgarian and i'm so sorry about my english...
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

wow...i hope someone can help you...that is not a lot of information to go on...welcome to df
  9. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Could "maninio" have been "menino" and could it be Portuguese? This song repeats "ai menino" quite a few times, does it sound familiar?

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

wow...well done....even if it isn't the one, thanks
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

okay mindputtee is officially a genius!!
  12. mindputtee

We'll hold off on that until rodislav96 says if it's the right song!
  13. jslay3987

jslay3987 New Member

Does anyone know what this samba is?

youtube watch?v=tBJO6-FRXmE
  14. mindputtee

Ai se eu te pego- Michel Télo

15. ajiboyet

Welcome to DF. You need not apologise for your English.
  16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You are totally a music savant!
  17. What is name of the Mambo that Arunas, Katusha and the North American team danced to?

Thanks
  18. rodislav96

rodislav96 New Member

Hi...I'm so sorry, early I didn't give you a answer ...and no that isn't the song...the last sunday I had a meet with my masters and I told them about that song...but and they couldn't remember it...and they said that's impossible and i haven't any chance to find it...which makes me mad :D ...and I lost hope :(
  19. rodislav96

rodislav96 New Member

20. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Me Gusta Boogaloo by German Villareal.