Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. no_name901

no_name901 Member

I can usually find songs, but this one is proving itself to be a little more difficult to find. I ave e-mailed Dave (the dancesport DJ that played at this competition) and haven't received an answer back. Dave is a little more difficult to get song names out of, but I respect that and continue looking.
  2. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

This is one of the most beautiful rumbas I've seen (and heard) in my entire life. I know the song is called Sky, by Faye Wong, but I can't seem to find this version with the rumba beats. Anyone?

And, I'd like to know the lecturer's name, please.
    twothreefourone likes this.
  3. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

I had this search myself too, ajiboyet :) Barbara McColl gave the lecture I think. Totally agree, it's gorgeous. It's the unplugged version:

4. ajiboyet

Thanks a lot!
  5. spirtrian

spirtrian New Member

Hey, everyone! I know that this video has awful sound quality, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me where I could find this Viennese waltz! I know that the tune is "Carol of the Bells," but I'm curious as to what album it's from. Thanks!

The video is Max Sinitsa and Eulia Baranovsky dancing at the 2012 Holiday Classic.
  6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

tian kong by faye wong on amazon??
  7. rodislav96

rodislav96 New Member

Hi to everyone
    Can you help me? I can't remember the title of one rumba song, and of course i can't find it...please help's a spanish isn't's recorded before 4-5 and more...the lyrics...i can't remember it...because i didn't heard this song while i stoped to dance...before 3 years...but that's my favorite rumba song...i tried to find it in YouTube...but without success...that's a part from which i remember from the lyrics..."ai maninio..por la soledad...pose que amooo"... :D PLs help my to find the title and the song!

P.S.: I'm bulgarian and i'm so sorry about my english...
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

wow...i hope someone can help you...that is not a lot of information to go on...welcome to df
  9. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Could "maninio" have been "menino" and could it be Portuguese? This song repeats "ai menino" quite a few times, does it sound familiar?

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

wow...well done....even if it isn't the one, thanks
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

okay mindputtee is officially a genius!!
  12. mindputtee

We'll hold off on that until rodislav96 says if it's the right song!
  13. jslay3987

jslay3987 New Member

Does anyone know what this samba is?

youtube watch?v=tBJO6-FRXmE
  14. mindputtee

Ai se eu te pego- Michel Télo

15. ajiboyet

Welcome to DF. You need not apologise for your English.
  16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You are totally a music savant!
  17. What is name of the Mambo that Arunas, Katusha and the North American team danced to?

18. rodislav96

rodislav96 New Member

Hi...I'm so sorry, early I didn't give you a answer ...and no that isn't the song...the last sunday I had a meet with my masters and I told them about that song...but and they couldn't remember it...and they said that's impossible and i haven't any chance to find it...which makes me mad :D ...and I lost hope :(
  19. rodislav96

rodislav96 New Member

20. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Me Gusta Boogaloo by German Villareal.