Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Me Gusta Boogaloo, German Villareal. Love that mambo!

2. singndance

Simultaneous! Great minds think alike, dlliba!

3. Great!, Cheers!!!!

4. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Trust me, you might just find it after some time...I found Song From A Secret Garden and Amarra Tchan after like 3 years...so no stress...the world abounds with beautiful songs.

5. singndance

Don't get down, Rodislav96, lots of people here are good at this and willing to help. Can't find the song using the lyrics you remember. But maybe you could play a little of it or sing a little of it and post it here....it might help to get some ideas flowing for you.

6. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

A few more clues would help:
    - Is is sung by a man or a woman, one vocalist or more?
    - Is it a contemporary song, something that might be heard on the radio, or something off a ballroom CD?
    - What tempo is the song, faster like an American style rumba, more like a slow International tempo rumba, or very slow like a bolero?
    - Is it a song you've heard played at competitions, or just at social dances?
    - Is it a popular song that you think may have been recorded by different artists, or is it just associated with one particular artist?

7. rodislav96

rodislav96 New Member

Ok...I wasn't thinking about this way (to describe it with so many details)...It's sung by one woman...also I'm sure it's a part from a ballroom CD..International tempo Rumba...and yes, i've heard played it at many competitions...but i don't know is it a popular song...but i think is sung by just one woman...
    10x..

8. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

One thing you could try is go to this link:

http://www.casa-musica-shop.de/songs.aspx?dance=rb

then check the box marked "Spanish Vocals" to get a list of rumbas with Spanish vocals from ballroom CDs.

I'm showing 191 such songs. You could narrow it down by looking for those that look like they're performed by a female artist, and preview them by clicking on the speaker icon.

I don't know if the song you're looking for is likely to be in the Casa Musica collection, but it might be worth a try. Maybe someone else will have a better idea now that you've provided more clues.

Good luck

9. ajiboyet

It's called Hound Dog. And the woman's voice is darned familiar...I think I'm going to feel really dumb when someone eventually names her. Nevertheless I need to find out, so somebody???

10. singndance

Yes, this is from Smokey Joe's Cafe, and the artist is B.J. Crosby.

11. ajiboyet

I am glad to announce to you that I don't feel dumb. I definitely am not familiar with BJ Crosby. I guess it just sounded to me like Della Reese meets Shirley Bassey, but it was neither.

Thank you very much!

12. singndance

I had a feeling you would react that way. BJ is a Tony-nominated singer and actress, but she is not a household name. This is a great rendition of Hound Dog, though!

13. rodislav96

rodislav96 New Member

I checked out the site... i made a preview...and after that...i heard all 191 songs...all of them...but i didn't find the right song...after The "Spanish Vocals"...I checked out and "Instrumental"...after that and "Film/Musical"...but unsuccessfully :(

14. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

This is going to be a long shot, but can anyone ID the waltz for Jonathan and Valentina's dance-on at 1:41?

There's too little material before people start applauding loudly so my SoundHound and Shazam are failing on me. Hoping someone knows it!

15. no_name901

no_name901 Member

Now that I know Brent Mills is playing this song I know someone has to know it, especially if subscribed to his ballroom playlist!

videos.supershag.c om/en/play.php?id=128533&iframe=true&width=475&height=400

16. Janson

Janson Active Member

Anyone able to name this song? I really like it, and I've not seen these dancers before!

17. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Michael Wentink and Beata? World Champion Finalists probably in every major latin championships when they were competing together. The song is a version of "A La Playa" - don't know which artist this one is.

18. Janson

Janson Active Member

I'm sorry! I'm still fairly new to this game, and mostly watch the current championships. Although one of their showcases looked familiar, so I assume I've seen it before. You don't forgot white tasseled cowboy in a hurry. Thanks for the name, after a bit of digging it looks to be the version by 'Sensational Boys Street', for anyone interested. Possibly slowed/covered for cha cha, but SBS version is close enough.

19. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL....no worries Janson! And thanks for the artist information!!

20. ajiboyet

Who's Fever is this?