Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the Waltz, Tango, and/or Viennese? Thanks!

2. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Waltz is Sad Romance - Violin Version, not sure of the artist...

edit - Artist is Jyi Peuong

3. clumsy fellow

V Waltz is Beethoven's 5 Secrets by the Piano Guys

4. dlliba10

Thank you very much for these IDs! Any idea where I can get the 6/8 version of this song that they use for the VW? All I'm finding is the version in 4/4 timing -- or did DanceBeat just edit it themselves?

5. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

I believe this is it! youtube(dot)com/watch?v=7vfv1o9uoeA :D

dancing_moogle and dlliba10 like this.
  6. dlliba10

Oh my gosh yes!! Thank you so much for finding this! And thanks again to clumsy fellow for the initial ID!

Ailuene likes this.
  7. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

No problem! Dj ICE has some really nice Viennese Waltz arrangements. That happens to be one of my favorites.

8. dlliba10

He's very hit or miss for me, though more often hits. I was trying to find his quickstep remix of Little Mix's "Wings" for a friend the other day, but all traces of it seem to have been scrubbed from the internet x_x

9. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

Looks like he's had some copyright issues:

10. dlliba10

Yeah, I know, I was just hoping that particular song had survived the purge somehow, somewhere ...

11. clumsy fellow

Hmmm... it did survive, in my Dropbox. I have struggled for the last 15min about providing a link, still not sure. Thoughts?

ajiboyet likes this.
  12. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Pssst... I found it. :D

13. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

The beauties that are Dropbox and SugarSync...crashed external hard disk and a crashed laptop, and I still have my music collection untouched.

14. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Hey guys, this is going to be a long shot, but can anyone identify this song:

Here's the cray cray part: I was watching this video yesterday and then went out for a margarita and they were playing this song at the restaurant (but weren't able to tell me what it was!)

15. dlliba10

Bucovina - Ian Oliver, off The Ultimate Latin Album 10. :)

ajiboyet and Jananananana like this.
  16. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

I'm impressed.

17. dlliba10

I only have it because I asked about it waaaaay earlier in this thread; I believe it was Natasha who first gave me the title. ^_^

Jananananana likes this.
  18. Can anyone tell me the Cha Cha Cha and Jive played here.....youtube [dot] com /watch?v=KIrUDAtM3BQ

Thanks!!!

19. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

The first cha cha is "Bahama Mama" and is a version I have not been able to find on iTunes. The jive is "The Katie Lee", it might be a slowed down version of Katie Webster singing it.

ajiboyet likes this.
  20. Cheers!!!...found both songs, yes I think the Katie Webster is slowed down, the other I couldn't get from itunes or Amazon mp3...but, I found it on some mp3 file sharing sites (even though they advertised it was 'completely legal file sharing,' I don't know about that ---?)

latingal likes this.