Official OSB 2012 thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by jump'n'jive, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jump'n'jive

jump'n'jive Active Member

How's everyone getting along at OSB? was in the ballroom all day today my feet hurt! Fascination you looked great out there tonight! you rocked that championship.

i was just running, i was the guy with the pink loafers if anyone paid attention to my measy little job lol

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...now I know who you are...eesh...lol...you need to send me another FB request....as to the championship, I took 5th, but that was the best dancing I had (especially for rhythm, which is not my forte)and those were good girls so I am trying not to be disappointed with myself

latingal likes this.
  3. jump'n'jive

jump'n'jive Active Member

You looked fantastic out there and I really enjoyed your cha :) Your division was a tough one. Lots of good dancing there!

Ill send ya another one on FB ;)

4. fascination

5. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I got to watch quite a bit on starstreamers... it seems that the bar keeps on getting higher and higher in pro am... exceptional dancing today.

fascination and Larinda McRaven like this.
  6. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

Good to see both Fascination and Chris yesterday! Come say hi to me in the on deck area today

7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

OSB was great as always (minus getting there--why can people in Ohio not drive? Okay, the most boneheaded thing I saw, the person had Ontario plates, but still...) For once I managed to escape without buying anything more expensive than a pair of heel protectors, though not for lack of trying (the search for a comfortable pair of court shoes continues.) Danced as well as could be expected and while the placings were where they always are in Standard regardless of panel, field, or region, the individual marks were a lot less across-the-board. I don't think I've ever gotten even one 3 from a judge in Standard at Ohio before so at least at one point when someone was looking I was doing something halfway decently.

And how did I wind up with a press pass and a video camera again? ;)

And fasc looked lovely in her Standard. (So there. I might not be a judge, but I know pretty dancing when I see it. Also, her pro is an excellent driver. Some of that floor traffic was nuts.)

8. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

First time at OSB, overall I found it extremely motivating. Both as we prepared for the comp and then the comp itself.

Well, OK even though I told myself I was going for the experience I was a tad disappointed with the results, even though I felt I was scored as deserved compared to my competition..

When I came home my husband (and previous dance partner) asked me so what did you learn about yourself.... I thought about his question. I learned that I need some work feeling comfortable in a large competition where I am outside of my comfort zone... I learned that a comp like this is a great motivational tool for me... I walked away with a "I can do this" feeling. Not this time, but it really is within my control, I just need to work harder on both the inside and outside of me and concluded that I do want to work harder. I concluded I will NEVER do another comp carrying an extra 20 pounds of weight again.

My normal comp burn out feeling has not come this time. I took the week off the comp off and now my feet are getting itchy to get back to it again.

Good experience, all around.

3wishes and Meagan like this.
  9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris for all the work behind the video and photo clips, outstanding job yet once again!

10. fascination

thx doi...I actually placed somewhere btwn 7 and 14 in that field of ...wait for it... 49 couples....I will have to see the score sheets to find out exactly where I fell..but there were five rounds and I made all but the final ...was disappointed (would have liked to see myself in some placement btwn 6th and 4th) ...but is also not too shabby...and yes, my pro is a magnificent driver...

11. danceronice

That's really impressive--those events were HUGE! I hope I got some good video of you from the semi-final. Haven't looked to see if they have the stuff from yesterday online yet, but knowing Tibor, probably! I've been recuperating most of today. Got home at 8:30 last night, fed the animals, had dinner, passed out.

12. fascination

lolz...yep...pretty much my plan for today...except that since I am taking the next two weeks off of lessons, I got online to the ikea store and used the lesson money to buy a new couch and ottoman :).....long overdue and needed the retail therapy ...oh and we also ordered a King size bed, because um....the bed has gotten too small over the years.....happy holidays to us

3wishes likes this.
  13. fascination

well...if it was good you have my permission to share it...if it wasn't we'll just keep that dirty little secret to ourselves right ?

14. danceronice

Lol, I was filming for SuperShag, so I suspect it's going up whether we like it or not! (Another good reason for me not to have done the Bronze A championship...no one really needs to see video of my Standard.)

Oh, and I forgot to mention...when Tibor sat me in a chair on the sidelines I was next to someone cheering for fasc, and so I asked how she knew her, and lo and behold, it's ChaChaMama! So I met another DFer. And sorry, CCM, if I zoned out once I started videoing. I honestly am not even really seeing the DANCING when I'm filming, more watching the wide angle/telephoto and the timer...

15. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

anybody know what happened to arunas & katusha?? im shocked!

16. fascination

the major standard event overseas had the top handful of dancers gone.....don't panic

17. Griffico

Griffico Member

From what I hear, they won the world championship again this weekend.

18. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

oh i totally forgot about world champs! thanks for reminding me everyone! lol

19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

can you hire my wife next year two dresses hair stuff etco_O

latingal and Meagan like this.
  20. danceronice

Heh, it was only the fact none of what I tried on had quite the WOW factor, and NP was only lukewarm on most of them (LIKED them, but no 'wow' factor) that I didn't walk out with a new Latin dress. I am the WRONG influence on keeping people from buying. I enable total strangers....