Official OSB 2012 thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by jump'n'jive, Nov 13, 2012.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I have a policy that I can't have anything unless I win...but I did have a few things drawn up in hopes that winning isn't all in my past :)

danceronice and Meagan like this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

HAHAHA me too i told at least three women they looked great or hot in a dress they tried on totally unsolicited they all bought them

maria and diedre should pay me LOL

3. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

That's a cool policy, maybe I should adopt it too. Although for me it probably will be some time before I start making the callbacks in open. I actually went on a small shopping spree there off dore sales rack.

4. fascination

I bought a bottle of hairspray, and had to do an emergency earring replacement...that was it...but am hoping to make my designer a very happy woman at heritage :)

latingal likes this.
  5. Mr 4 styles

lol

6. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

What were your favorite moments of OSB?

I was pretty excited about Andrei Kazlouski and Asta Sigvaldadottir taking 3rd in the Professional Latin. They looked good!

I also really enjoyed seeing Oleksandr Altukhov and Natalia Barantseva, a new-ish pairing I had not gotten to see before. They made the semi and I think they could have a great future ahead of them.

In the youth divisions, I really enjoyed D'Angelo Castro and Amanda Carbajales. Wow! I just looked them up, and I take it they were winners on Paula Abdul's television program. I can see why!

+++
    What did people think of the showdances? I liked Mazen Hamza and Izabela's showdance more than the judges did. I wonder if they found it too abstract and not traditional smooth dance-ish. What did everyone here think?

7. Mr 4 styles

ditto though i love the winning routine and slawek and marzenas as well chatted with them on the flight home. Slawek said they felt that "edgy" wasnt as well recieved this year

love andrew and anna as the addams family in standard show dance though my wife was bummed andrew didnt take his shirt off this year lol

ChaChaMama likes this.
  8. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

I appreciated theirs and Max and Eulia's for the creativity -- don't know if I particularly liked them though. LOVED Slawek and Marzena's and Gary and Susan's -- thought they should have taken 1st and 2nd. Felt awful for poor Peter and Sasha and the technical mishap. And the song just ruined Mikhail and Galina's for me, though the dancing was great.

9. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Trying to resist the bad pun urge...trying to resist...giving in:
    Your wife has im-PEC-cable taste.

frotes, stash and dlliba10 like this.
  10. Mr 4 styles

gary and susan should have placed higher in show dance i agree over all their dancing was fierce susan is amazing

11. dlliba10

You're my favorite, CCM.

ChaChaMama likes this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

lmao!!!!

ive increased my benchpress max by 75 lbs this year because of that dude!! *grumble grumble* lol

ChaChaMama likes this.
  13. Mr 4 styles

CCM is TFF lol

that was brilliant

14. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Which one was that? I saw the dances but don't remember names with them.

15. fascination

I was asleep in my room:rolleyes:

16. dlliba10

Bird.

17. Silmarwen

Silmarwen Member

I'm with mindputtee, I remember them all, but I couldn't hear any of the names from the balconies.. :( Could someone maybe help me out?

18. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I loved the bird and the mask showcase from the smooth part. I also really enjoyed the Adams family one from Friday night!

19. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Ah, did not like that one at all.

20. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

and

I laughed when I read both of these. I am entirely the wrong person to go shopping with, at any time, because I'll totally enable whomever I'm shopping with to spend money.

danceronice likes this.