Ohio Star Ball 08 - who's going??

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Elise are you in the Hyatt or the Crowne Plaza? Even though you buy a package through Ohio, you might not be inthe Hyatt, try Crowne Plaza. If you are unable to figure things out give me a call.
  2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Maybe move that to pm so it's not there for spiders to harvest or for random people who shouldn't have it to find?
  3. Larinda McRaven

its okay, it is easily accesable all over my websites and facebook anyway. Can't keep it a secret even if I wanted to. And as soon as I know she sees it I will erase it.
  4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Shows how much I pay attention to your facebook. Probalby more to Isabelles. ;)

Just wanted to make sure. Figured you'd have good reasoning.
  5. Larinda McRaven

Thanks for looking out for me!

by the way...

IT IS SNOWING HERE
  6. pruthe

pruthe Member

Welcome to sunny central Ohio! :)
  7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

so nice! it's supposed to snow here on the east tonite as well.

looking forward to joining you there... :)
  8. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, was already snow on ground when I got home from work here in chicago. :)
  9. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Got some snow here starting around 4 or 5 PM, but it wasn't sticking. I'm about 45 mins NW of Baltimore.
  10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

thanks Larinda - I'll try that. If you have a package does that mean a room is registered in your name? Or are the names held at OSB? Wish I had more info...

PS you maybe you should take your cell off here...
  11. Larinda McRaven

The room will be in your name. Same as any other room. Check in at the Hotel Registration Desk.
  12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

then it had better be in the crown plaza (call in the morning)
  13. Larinda McRaven

WE ARE LIVE!!!
    Thanks Pruthe for helping us with a computer set-up and booth!
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Yay! Now I expect a runner system or walkie talkies with someone standing by at computer to report pro results as soon as they happne. You have a few days to prepare. ;)
  16. 2totango

2totango New Member

Where is the table? I was just at Star Ball and didn't see anything!
  17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

hello, DF table:stop: calling DF table:stop: anyone there??:stop:stop:
  18. pruthe

pruthe Member

You have to go down to the 2nd floor and enter the vendor's area (Delaware room), then walk through into the adjacent Franklin room. DF booth is just to your right as you walk into Franklin room. There is a computer screen there with keyboard/mouse. Just sit down and browse DF web site. You can log into your account at DF. When you are done, you should log out. The booth also has a 'real' message board in which you can post paper messages for other Dfers to see. Note: On computer, do not use "Quick Reply" form (at bottom of DF window) to post DF messages. There is a bug in Firefox browser that you will get a blank screen after posting. It's best to always use "Advanced" window when posting messages.

If anyone wants to volunteer to man the booth, just sign up on clip board on table and show up at your assigned time. You should invite people to try out DF and answer any questions. I think there is a Friday get-together for DFers planned at 7 p.m. at bar on 2nd floor of Hyatt. Hope to see you there.

pruthe

p.s. If any problems using computer at booth, give me a call on my cell. I think I posted my cell phone number on message board.
  19. pruthe

pruthe Member

Chances are there is nobody there right now. The vendors were still setting up when I left couple of hours ago and not that many people were in vendors area. Hopefully, more people will use tomorrow and following days.
  20. gracie

gracie Active Member

Elisedance did you get your room situation straightened out?