Ohio Star Ball 08 - who's going??

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 18, 2008.

1. reb

reb Active Member

Or your next posts may seem like . . . they're coming from another person :D

This will be fun (for those who choose to be revealed, that is).

Of course the competing pros will miss out, given the day and time - they'll have to come by at the end of the night, and only be able to meet the . . . champ-level DF partiers!
  2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

sort of - talked to coach and he insists that we have rooms at the regency. I can only think that the national reservations does not have any record of the package-booked rooms.

must find out tomorrow...
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Yup the board is in the second vendor room, right by the door.
    Help yourself.

Isabelle and I ran in to Sync last night! Now he can legitimately be her facebook friend. We have seen Dancepro, Pruthe, Cantski, Dressgirl, Danceronice, Fascination, Gary_McDonald.... I am sure I am missing a whole bunch more...
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

i met the adorable isabelle...also connected with dancepro, cantski, chel, 9dancer, chrisjohnston...larinda of course...am exahusted...have the day off so hair appt at 1:30 then a power nap
  5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Finally found it! It was at the regency all along aparently but they had my name spelled wrong.

Thanks for the concern
    (also Larinda, Pruthe) :kissme:

See you all very soon :):):)
  6. gracie

gracie Active Member

Yeaaaa!!!
  7. Anyone know if there is free internet around here? I don't feel like dishing out $10/day at the Hyatt.
  8. DF Booth FYI

Pruthe, Larinda, etc...

Firefox has crashed on me a few times..... May want to check on it. Perhaps a setting of some sort?
  9. pruthe

pruthe Member

You weren't using Quick Reply were you? There's a bug with Firefox and Quick Reply. If this is the problem, then always use advanced reply mode. I'm not aware of Firefox crashing for any other reason. Let me know what you were doing if this is not the reason and crash occurred.

Thx
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

pruthe, are you close to anyone over there who might know what's going on with dancesport series team match tomorrow night? my pro's put in a few calls to different places, and i've called as well...but so far no response. trying to find the right tree to bark up. ;)

so far haven't received an official invite...
  11. pruthe

pruthe Member

I know the DSS team match is happening tomorrow night. Don't quite know what your particular problem is. Are you expecting a response/invite from someone about participating? Are you here now? I'm going in early tomorrow (7 am). I could try to ask around if you could give me exact question you'd like to ask. Can you get to me asap? Can send me a PM if want. If I find something out, can PM or call you back.

pruthe
  12. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

I'm not there to test this personally, but according to a web site that lists free WIFI hot spots, there's one at JaVa's Cyber Espresso Bar in the Convention Center food court.

The same site indicates that the Crowne Plaza Downtown and The Lofts Hotel on Nationwide Blvd. might have free WIFI in their lobbies.
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

see PM
  14. star_gazer

star_gazer Active Member

Heats are up in the Winner's Circle
  15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

hang on sam - you are in aren't you?? Forces want to know.... :cool:
  16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Made it in last night, got my room without issue and found the bar! All is good so far :)
  17. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Weather Underground says a 40% chance of snow showers today (TH) and tomorrow (FRI) in Columbus.

Brrr!

Still supervising spelling homework at the moment. (She seems to be learning short o words, like "trod," "trot," "prod," "plod," "clot," and "smog." Quick, class, how many of these can you use in a sentence about Ohio Star Ball?) Then it's off to my own work, which I will leave around 2. (Have to cut Victorian Lit short today.) I can't believe I will be flying out from Philly tonight!
  18. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

brother...thanks for the weather info. :( My suitcase extended-handle broke on the way to work this morning...had to schlep it by the hand-handle. Not fun. My lower back is giving me the evil eye. Looks like I'll be running out for a new suitcase at lunch time (and I guess that answers my question if I may possibly be over the limit on my poundage....!).

See you all soon!
  19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Are we still talking about luggage or are we talking about latin costumes now? :D

/me ducks
  20. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member