Ohio Star Ball 08 - who's going??

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 18, 2008.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

not 'dead wiseguy?'

2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I'm being charitable. "tis the season ;)

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Besides, she might miss her heats then. I wouldn't make any bets on my lifespan after saturday though. :)

4. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Ah... a girl with the same thought process as me!!!

Good luck!

5. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

I am so excited that Erminio is again dancing with Luana - can't wait to see them dance!

There are, in general, some interesting partnership changes... Too bad the top two standard couples are once again skipping OSB:(

6. star_gazer

star_gazer Active Member

The schedule online indicates that U21 Standard is Saturday morning at 11am and the 1st round of Adult Amateur Standard is at 11:55am.

But the heat lists on the Winners Circle page have U21 at 10:12 and Adult Amateur at 10:37. Do you know which it is?

Thanks.

7. Laura

Laura New Member

Haven't read through everything on this thread yet but San Francisco Open and International Grand Ball take/took online payments. These are both NDCA-sanctioned Pro-Am/Amateur/Professional comps in San Francisco.

8. Laura

Laura New Member

Awesome! Good luck you guys and have fun!

9. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh wow, awesome! Can't wait to hear about it!

10. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I'm disappointed that Arunas & Katusha and Victor & Anna aren't dancing, too. Also bummed that Andrei & Elena aren't doing Latin, and that Emmanuel & Julia and Evgeny & Inna have broken up, so they won't be competing either :(

11. Laura

Laura New Member

Hummm....are the Pro Standard World Championships conflicting with OSB again?

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

<Eyeing that tequila...>

Glad to hear you're on campus elise! Let's find each other at the match tonite!

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I dare say we will run into each other :) Figuratively speaking of course...

Gotta get back to learning my tango routine... lets see, first step spanish drag, second step....

that leaves 20 minutes to get ready...

14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

just took a shower and lost 30% of my tan. No more showers until I dance! I don't care if i take the competition out by body odor...!

Bumped into Sam and LG so far. Oh, and Max :)

15. pruthe

pruthe Member

Don't know which is right, but if you know someone who is participating, probably best to show up early.

pruthe

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Lot of fun at the team match last night - and what a great place for my first meeting with Samina - as we were parading round the floor at the opening. Our team came in tied last - but twas the first year for Team 7 - Canada and in all the bedlam I don't think the order was terribily significant!!

I wonder if this competition has more vendors than any other - what an array of costumes, jewelry and shoes. Looks a bit like an arabian street market - and in the middle of it all is the DF table and computer - though I've yet to meet anyone there. Other than Sam the only person I've met yet is Reb who tapped my shoulder in the din of the team match but I'm not sure what we said (and what a gorgeous man... ;))

17. Tibor Kerekes

Tibor Kerekes Member

18. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Hello All,

Just stopped by the DF 'booth' to say hi and browse the post-its.... Congratulations to all who are here - DFers are having a great weekend! Good luck to all who have yet (or more) to dance, and look forward to the updates & diaries!

DFL

19. gracie

gracie Active Member

Thanks, Larinda. Yea for Longwood Ballroom!

20. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

yap that's exactly what happened...nevertheless, the sat night show and comps are spectacular!! Audience give many standing ovations to couples' show dances! and almost full attendance at exhibit hall!