Ohio Star Ball 08 - who's going??

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 18, 2008.

1. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Wow! Top two couples in Latin weren't even part of the exempt group for the first round. Guess it goes to show that when you've got it, you've got it :cool:

Love that Jonathan and Valentina won smooth. Illustrates that Jonathan is just so awesome at what he does, and that at least one (two if you count Anna Trebunskaya) of the DWTS pros hasn't lost their competition edge while participating in DWTS ;) Now if only this boosted his fan base on the show...

No big surprises in rhythm...except maybe Decho & Bree beating Steve & Joanna. Since Steve & Joanna had placed higher than them at a comp earlier this year (Embassy, maybe? I'm not sure), I thought for sure they'd do it again...guess Decho & Bree stepped their game up. But glad to see that Michael & Danielle managed to climb up out of 6th place...I love these two to death, and wish that the judges were a bit more receptive to their style.

Any interesting showdances?
  2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

MOstly earned - some scripted by the TV (I found that a bit irritating). If this had been for anything else - even charity - I doubt the audience would have been so accomodating. Maybe everyone thought they would be spotted and have a chance at stardom ;)
  3. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Anyone with any Rising Star results plz post!!! It would be greatly appreciated!! I know Rhythm was this AM... :)

Thanks!!
  4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

First heat was, believe finals aren't until later today. I know, I'm busy trying to force myself to be patient too. :)
  5. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Rhythm final ...according to schedule was just after noon EST....

What I'm dying for is the smooth results... (dying to know if I can rub it in to a certain former pro.. :) )

Do you know how the gang did last night?
  6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

haven't heard from anyone. Heh, and yeah, I'm wanting to hear how everyone edid, esp tnt and largo. Schedule I'm looking at though shows the finals for smooth rising start at 6:35 tonight. so assume 5:35 our time.
  7. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

*sigh* ... ok... I'll work on my patience...

I know... I've been keeping track of everyone... Largo + Student totally kicked it in Pro/Am... I'm expecting to hear really good things about Largo and TNT's results. And I know FAF was totally freaking out before she left... but I'm sure they're going to do well.
  8. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, yeah, stopped by studio saturday, and everyone seemed a bit fidgety/nervous. :)
  9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Errr, last saturday that is. this saturday of course they were all in Ohio. :)
  10. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Ok... now I'm just antsy... Can't wait for results to be posted!!!
  11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

For the love of puppies, somebody please tell me what happened!!
  12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

just got back home from OSB. The 'World pro-am Championships' were fantastic - amazing to think I actually danced in one (didn't make the first cut - but did dance our best of the competition - hope I got a check or two!!). This comp really was a dream come true - team match, competing, meeting, spending :eek:, living, eating, drinking and sleeping ballroom dance. And you come out of it feeling amazingly positive - because that is the aura established from the very top of the organization.

Frankly, I'm still there and I think I will be for a while yet....
  13. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Ok.. I've got something... My studio's top Rhythm couple came in 3rd in RS... and did make the semi's in World Pro... Good stuff... Two more couples to check on!
  14. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Also just found out that second Rhythm couple (TNT and Largo respectively) didn't get called back in RS... they didn't compete in World Pro...:-( I guess I'll be doing some congratulating and some consoling tomorrow.
  15. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Just one comment on some rather impolite behavior. There were two competitors in my group standing in the on-deck area spray tanning each other - literally four feet from stepping on to the floor. There were at least 20 people in their immediate radius having to stink in their fumes. I suggested this wasn't the proper area to do that (and what difference is it going to make 2 minutes before you go on?) and the on-deck captain promptly booted them. Not quite sure what gets into people's heads....
  16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Definitely appreciate it Larinda. hadn't gotten any responses on tetxts to people there. Heh, and I probably wouldn't ahve stayed until end either, and I had friends competing in those events. ;)

Thanks
  17. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Wanton idiocy. I wouldn't dare spray tan in public...save that for the privacy of your own hotel room. And really, how good of a job can you do in the 2 minutes before you perform? :rolleyes:
  18. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

Woot Woot Woot Nik and Natasha!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!
  19. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, not much...one of the offenders didn't make the cut. Not sure about the other one.

Someone else had something on in that ballroom that hit me in the lungs...very odd. Not sure if it was a cologne or what, but it was before the spray tanning. I just had a weird feeling that took about 24 hours to pass.
  20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Did everyone look for their photos?

Good and bad:
    Good: the photographer was clearly terrific and got some excellent shots - one is actually superb (will post)
    Bad: its the company that will not sell the digital file :(:( that means I can't do my photoshop thing - I need the original. So irritating and stone age. I realize they want to sell the photos but after I've bought mine what are they going to do with the picture? They can't publish it wihout my permission (I assume).