Ohio Star Ball 08 - who's going??

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 18, 2008.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i bought some photos...the first time i've done that. there were a few decent ones, and i have nothing since manhattan in july.

i plan on scanning them when i get them, hoping they turn out okay that way for posting...i also wish digital had been an option.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

i bought a mother load of photos this year...positively dying for them to arrive...i was told 4 weeks

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yah, i heard the same. way too long... best to forget about them and then they'll arrive and it'll feel like christmas. ;)

4. fascination

I am very psyched about them

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

good for you! this one will carry some good memories for you, i should think!

6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

how about video? ChelD helped me set mine up (Hi ChelD!). Overall great quality and they panned out a bit as I requested so that one can see the rest of the field.

Its painful watching it the first time - all you see is your errors :eek:

7. fascination

I am on a cloud...a big fluffy "I earned it" freaking cloud...until tomorrow when I assume it will be back in the trenches;)

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

enjoy, fasc...enjoy every minute of it. those moments are well-earned...

9. fascination

yea I have a few "not pretty" moments as NP would say...but am liking the rest just fine...including a fun moment when FP and my BFF decided to dance right through us...a rather comical moment set to a tune that reminds me of FP anyhow...terribly comical

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

me too fasc - can't stop thinking about it and work did nothing (department retreat; pre-exam committee for my student - heavy stuff) - I'm still on #9 and have no intetion of getting off...

11. dressgirl

dressgirl New Member

It was great to see everyone......even though I never left my hole. I realized today that I never even walked into the Hyatt. I never went in the ballroom until Friday night and that was to head to the dressing room. Saturday night I watched bits from a dark corner with thread, scissors and safety pins in hand. I missed seeing all the latin and all the standard, but it was a wonderful week and I look forward to seeing it on tv. I thought the dancing that I did see was inspired....I am so proud of my extended family and so so grateful to them for all their help this weekend.

12. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

funny; mine looked worse on the 3rd viewing. They kind of messed up ... started about 15 seconds into samba and lost me 1/2 way through paso.

13. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

:banana: YAY!!! :banana:

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

They couldn't find me till half way through the first (waltz) of the schollarship - but they admitted this and only charged me half for that one (really they should not have charged at all) but at least they achnowledeged it. Did they charge you full price anyway?

15. mamboqueen

yup!

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I think if you contact them they will give you a partial reimbursement. Worth a shot (maybe ChelD will see this too).

17. mamboqueen

Actually, just looked again - only one dance starts from the beginning. Lovely.

18. Nik

Nik Member

I had someone else taped for a couple dances, guess they thought it was me.

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

were they good? :p

I actually managed to miss you dance Nik.... next time - better still, why not come to the classique in Feb?

20. ChelD

ChelD Member

Hi all,

If you had any problems with the dances on your DVD. please call Bill at the number on the back of your DVD envelope and tell him what happened. He will refund your money for any missed dances. Sorry Nik! Hope at least it was in the semi and not the final!

If the dances that started late were in a 1st round or quarterfinal, it was probably the best we could do. When they split the heats, the camera people often had dancers to tape in more than one section. They started the music again so quickly that we couldn't change the tapes fast enough. That being said, if it was more than a couple of seconds late, call Bill and let him know. Depending on how late it was, he may be able to do something for you.

The camera people are supposed to let us know when they are aware that they have made a mistake so that we can deal with it right away and let you know when you pick up your DVD. Sometimes they aren't aware and sometimes they get so busy they forget to tell us. In any event, we don't expect you to pay for dances that either are not there at all or are the wrong person.

We do our best to find you as quickly as we can, it is more difficult in Rhythm and Latin since it may be quite a while before the gentleman turns his back to the cameras and we can see the number. (and even then only if there isn't another dancer or judge in the way.) Nevertheless it is our job to find you, so if we didn't..... call Bill.

Chel