Ohio Star Ball 08 - who's going??

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 18, 2008.

1. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Any show dances in Ohio?

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

There were a ton - and there were also lots of writeups here. Maybe you haven't been following the threads? Look through the blogs....

3. chica latina

chica latina New Member

I just finally recovered from Ohio... I saw Nik & Natasha danced on Fri... I thought they look amazing!! Also enjoyed Ricardo from first row-- is inspiring just to watch him dance. It's like he's not performing... looks very real and in the moment (can't explained.. but different from many others). I missed Sat night, but that will make it more exciting when I watch on TV.

Didnt get a chance to meet or see many of you... but had a great time. Made it to the Quater-Final in the Open and Semi in the RS.. I was able to dance stress-free on Fri, which is an accomplishment for me and felt great. We stayed in the Drury.. and if you have a chance to stay there.. I highly recommended (includes bkfast, happy hour, connection to convention center by warm hallway-- dont need extra jackets,etc..)

4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Can't find the post now... but I seem to think I read from someone here that they found not only the results online but also the marks...? Am I making that up? I guess I am imagining that since I can;t find the marks on the OSB website.

5. pruthe

pruthe Member

I think Brenda is waiting for Richard Douglass to post OSB marks on his compmgr web site. That's the way it was done last year. Once it is on compmgr web site, there will be a link on OSB Winner's Circle page to OSB marks on Richard's web site. Hopefully, Richard is not on vacation now and is available to post these marks soon.

6. pruthe

pruthe Member

We found where Richard stored the score sheet data. A link to this data is now shown on Winners Circle page at OSB web site.

7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

thanks pruthe.

8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Am I the only one to not have my photos yet? Or are they generally slow... whine....:(

9. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Mine came two days ago.

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

then I had better be patient a bit longer .... [did I mention I'm not good at patience....] is it here yet??? How about now?????

11. elisedance

elisedance New Member

12. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

nice new additions to your DF photo album, ee:) I saw your delicious trifle pics there too:)

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Thanks - and I hope you had a slice of trifle while you were there ;)

14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Hey ed! nice pics...I didn't even bother to look at pics from Ohio, I haven't had much luck with photos at comps. *grin*

15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

The photographer was pretty good - quite a few of my pictures were good and I think a couple (obviously the ones I bought) are excellent. Of course, I'm really 10 lbs lighter and 4 inches shorter and waymore pretty in real life :p but the one with the back of chris is I think outstanding.

You can still check - the pictures are on-line now - search Park Photography or get the link at the OSB website.

16. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Nicest pics yet - and loosing weight has started to show (darn christmas, I have to do it all again !

18. reb

reb Active Member

Bump - since its being aired