Ohio Star Ball 08 - who's going??

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 18, 2008.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

something resembling dancing... ;)
  2. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

just you or the girl as well?
  3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Good point!
    We want to see your girl! :)
  4. mamboqueen

Sorry, no MP in OH. But you'll see her again soon - she's busy learning paso!
  5. rinachick

rinachick New Member

I'll be there for my second year...can't wait! Dancing Silver latin and standard.
  6. mamboqueen

how was your experience last year?
  7. rinachick

rinachick New Member

Last year, OSB was the 2nd competition I had ever been to. I was amazed by the number of people there and the caliber of dancing...it was great. Of course, getting up to be there ready to dance at 7am for pre-bronze after staying up and watching the pro competition wasn't so fun, but I'll get to sleep in a bit this year. :)
  8. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

The new open routines are being debuted! Am sure it will be great...:D
  9. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

That's what we're doing too! Just sent our cashier's check and forms yesterday. ($8 charge for that check, btw, plus the fun of a trip to the bank.)

We will spectate amateur latin all day Friday, go to Friday night events. (Although...are you competing pro-am latin, MQ and njdancegirl? Maybe I can split my time between the rooms.)

I might spend at least part of Saturday in my room grading Senior Seminars (boo!) or hanging with CCP (yay!), and will probably also have to hit the gym, but will also sneak out to watch some am standard. Obviously going to Saturday night events.

Sunday afternoon is our silver amateur latin, cha-cha/rumba and samba/jive.

CCM
  10. njdancegirl

Would love to go compete but don't think its in the cards for me this year...am considering spectating...if I can figure out how to make that happen?!?
  11. 2totango

2totango New Member

I'll be there to spectate from Tuesday through Sunday. I may go to work or maybe not!
  12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I'll be there from thursday through sunday. We're reviving the ole pro/am (I'm trying to get AM partner to go too) and should be in the regional team match. Anyone else in the dancesport series team match?
  13. mamboqueen

Look forward to seeing you guys again. I think we'll be gone before you dance, though. Do you bring a laptop with you? I can put those Yankee videos on a flash drive and bring it if you like. I attempted to send them by email, but they're just TOO BIG! And will happily be your workout buddy on Saturday if you would enjoy some company. Having a whole day free can be financially dangerous for a lady like me.
  14. mamboqueen

Let's just reduce the expectations now! I'm looking to simply enjoy this experience because I'm not feeling remotely ready to play on the big stage, but I really don't know how long I'll be doing this and don't want to miss the opportunity. Just praying to remaining upright and smiling ;).
  15. njdancegirl

Excellent attitude, MQ...trying to learn that myself. Enjoy the experience - hope to go myself at some point, but for now, I'll be living thru the rest of you!
  16. IntlLatinChic

IntlLatinChic New Member

we're going!!! pre-champ and champ latin?
  17. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

wow!!! you have such detailed plan already? sounds like you will have a fun dance weekend at OSB!!!
  18. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Such positive attitude! Love this expression of "remaining upright and smiling";)
  19. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF IntlLatinChic! Best of luck to you at Ohio!
  20. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Possible spectating. Will depend on ye olde work schedule.