Ohio Star Ball 08 - who's going??

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

:eek:

Money orders are less than a buck at the post office!
  2. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

yup money order cost like 90 cents I think, just that stupid long line at post office really ANNOYING, takes my entire lunch break:(
  3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Just realized we didnt enter yet even though got the flights adn the hotels already..Are we by any chance late with entries..
  4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I think it's next Wednesday, IIRC.
  5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

The Ohio Star Ball website says the deadline is October 7.
  6. Katarzyna

wow and I will be out of NY till tuesday night.. wow, gotta hurry up to send those entries in
  7. Standarddancer

oh kat, new black/white dress avatar? nice!

yeah quickly get that money order and send in, post office line might be long cos 10/15 tax deadline though:(
  8. Standarddancer

happened to us once too, absolutely insane, we got everyting ready, hotel and flights but forgot to register:( tend to forget things when gets super busy, hate comps with no online registration, with online registration much easier to track, when you don't see your name there, you are more likely to realize you didn't register
  9. Katarzyna

will get money order from western union by my office they never have lines

thank you :)
  10. Standarddancer

oh never thought of western union, how much fee do they charge?
  11. mamboqueen

I'm sure someone must have mentioned it...but it would be so nice if the billing/payment could be done through paypal. Would make it so much easier for all of us (and probably the organizers, too).
  12. Katarzyna

no idea depends on amount.. so I ahve adult amateur and formation entry form, which other forms did you submit standard dancer? And where did you find out what amount to send...
  13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Its my first time and I'm still trying to figure out the schedule. I can't seem to find the usual multidance events - specifically for pro/am open gold or gold star. Or don't they have multidance except in championship??

help!
  14. Standarddancer

I found out amount from a mailed flyer from the organizer. I dunno how I got on their mailing list. But paper registration material seem to have more detail than their site. I'm surprised that no registration price on site:(

would be nice if they at least mention entry fee on the registration form. Form very confusing I agree
  15. Standarddancer

yap both me and ccm mentioned this in another thread, such a pain for getting money order or bank check:(
  16. pruthe

pruthe Member

Are there other comps that allow online payments?
  17. pruthe

pruthe Member

Elisedance,

Have you tried calling OSB phone number or sending email? This info is listed on Contacts page and at end of home page at web site.

pruthe
  18. mamboqueen

I could swear I saw a comp website that allowed for online registration and payments (a non-college comp). If I find it again, I'll report back. Or maybe someone else here has made use of one??
  19. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Only ones I've ever done online were college comps and USA dance comps, no NDCA ones. Though thought recent NDCA comp in Washington (state) used same system as USA dance does so maybe that one allowed for online registration/payment?
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

virginia did.