One of Pablo and Noelia's last performances together :(

Discussion in 'Videos' started by gniksic, Jul 7, 2011.

1. gniksic

gniksic New Member

I have heard a few hours ago that they won't be performing together any more. This is one of their last performances together. Also from SMITH, this time a lyrical tango.

Some very sad news for their international fans...

2. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

I liked that dance very much.

:cheers:

3. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

4. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

Such a soft and vibrating dance!

I started to appreciate them when we had the Bachia blanca analysis going on. They did that one also really well. Her feet are extremly musical.

5. milongadicto

milongadicto New Member

What happened? Did Noelia finally say no to his awful, awful, god awful posture and his ever jerking left arm?

6. dchester

I think if you read her lips at around 2:15 into the video, it looks like she is telling him, "This is your last chance to get it right, hombre".

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I love how their dancing matches the mood of the music in that video.

7. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

This part is a big loss!

8. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

That would be very sad. P&N had the greatest long distance (YT) effect, impact, influence, inspiration on me, a dance couple ever had. Failed to have a personal contact. After Javier and Geraldine some years ago now it seems that it is the second Villa Urquiza couple I am missing out.

facebook

9. gniksic

gniksic New Member

Can you explain this? IMO, they have (or rather, HAD) the perfect walk, the lightest embrace and most elegant posture on the market.

Sure, lately he changed his head position but it is a part of his style of dancing which we may or may not like. The "arm jerking" (as far as I know from personal contact) is not "jerking" or violent at all. It is their style, once again, of marking the lead to the music (especially for the voleos). Whatever he does with his arms, believe me, it comes from the body; it may seem, though, that he leads with the arms. He doesn't.

I'm not trying to change your personal taste here, but I was just wandering what you meant. It seems to me that, apart from your opinion about "awful" of "jerking", you are also trying to speak for Noelia.

10. opendoor

11. jantango

jantango Active Member

Their last exhibition together

http://www.2xtango.com/pablo-rodriguez-y-noelia-hurtado-en-la-milonga-la-baldosa-2/?lang=en

I will never forget the high voleo she did at the finals of the city championship they won in 2006 when voleos were not allowed. All the judges knew them as members of the Academy of Tango Styles where they studied for two years.

You don't need to see her face to recognize her. She buries it in his shoulder and spreads her fingers on his back. Strange to me, but it's her style.

12. gniksic

gniksic New Member

Could you tell me where I could find that video? I'd like to see them in the competition, but all I can find on YT is their final performance after the competition. Thank you.

13. milongadicto

milongadicto New Member

You're being sarcastic, right? The most elegant posture, the perfect walk???

It's a shame what happened to them... In their earlier videos, they showed great promise, but Pablo, instead of making progress, went backwards. Instead of working on polishing details of his dance, he magnified them, making it look ugly as hell. Tango's Benjamin Button, as I told a friend once. His tango gone with the wind, along with his hair.
    I hope Noelia can find a partner who can really make her shine. Friends in Buenos Aires who have seen her dance with better dancers than Pablo can attest to that.

14. opendoor

Did you ever wonder?

hi milongadicto: and exactly that makes him unique. Just look around what kind of fashion actually is on! Fantasia: no one on the dance floor still remembers, Nuevo: gone, gone a long time ago; Milonguero: buried 7 years ago; Neo: almost died out; Nuevo-Salón: just starving; but VU is spreading. Did you ever wonder about this fact? Does not looks that way! And, Pablo is a VU guy, but the only one that sticks out of that traditionalistical mainstream replicants.

15. dchester

While I haven't seen that many of their videos, I certainly can say that I like this one quite a bit. There's nothing at all wrong with having your own style. I think we all get it, that you don't like his style. I don't know if your strong opinion is based on this video, or some others. In any case, their musicality was simply superb in that dance.

16. milongadicto

milongadicto New Member

I also look down upon people who wear tacky hats at a milonga

17. dchester

Me too. I only wear nice hats to milongas.

[​IMG]

18. AndaBien

AndaBien Well-Known Member

If you're tall enough, you could wear a sombrero and no one would care.

19. milongadicto

milongadicto New Member

Seems like her new partner is Carlitos Espinoza, what an upgrade! I would post a youtube link, but I don't have that privilege yet.

20. salthepal

salthepal New Member